What's new

Any other OC sliders out there?

Without really making a conscious decision to do so, I've found myself gravitating towards the Gillette slide technique with my open comb, and I really dig it. Anyone else employ this technique/razor combo?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I do use this technique, but mostly on the last pass when going against the grain. I pretty much do it when using all type of DE, SE, Straights and Trac II twin blades.

Hi,

I use an OC Double Slant, so the sliding is built-in when pulling it straight. So, I know what you mean, at least. :)

My other OC in an Old Type, which I use 3rd pass on the half of my face the Slant did not get BBS, on those days when I actually want BBS, and I do slide it.

Stan

Without really making a conscious decision to do so, I've found myself gravitating towards the Gillette slide technique with my open comb, and I really dig it. Anyone else employ this technique/razor combo?

Ive used this technique a few times as mentioned in Mantics video. I really like it and find that it makes for a very close and efficient shave. After all Gillette printed ads recommending to shave like this and I this. It really is an effective way to get a close shave.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
When you use the "Gillette Slide" for the first time make sure your stroke is more "vertical" than horizontal (Don't ask!). Properly done, it duplicates the results you get with a slant razor; Look at a picture of one and you'll see the correct angle.

When you use the "Gillette Slide" for the first time make sure your stroke is more "vertical" than horizontal (Don't ask!). Properly done, it duplicates the results you get with a slant razor; Look at a picture of one and you'll see the correct angle.

+1. Keeping this in mind is how I'm able to do it even with my slant razor.

Nice to see others here doing this! There's something just so satisfying about the slicing action attendant to this technique, and that satisfaction seems to be magnified when done with an OC. :thumbup:

Top Bottom