What's new

Could someone recommend a scent free deodorant?

I tried stick of Old Spice deodorant today and its pretty overpowering. Most of the stuff I see on the shelf is antiperspirants, which I don't want either.

I'd just like something that allows me to feel clean, without being something that people can smell 15 feet away. If I want people to smell me, I will put on cologne.

Suggestions?

I'd read about the natural stone deodorants and since they are just alum in deodorant stick form I decided to try using my alum block for more than just an astringent after I shave. Seems to work pretty well and since there's no scent there are no worries about it clashing with any other scent I might decide to wear.

As August West, I have now converted to the 'rock'. The best part is that I purchased a stick in February and I've just begun to see a noticeable amount of wear on it. I think I'll get a full year for a retail cost of ~$6. Crazy I tell 'ya. It works very well and as a bonus, I like to add a bit of Clubman talc to help keep down the perspiration.

I've been using Tom's of Maine for a couple of years, very effective. I stay odor free all day, and one stick lasts for months. I got mine at a Whole Foods, or something like it, but I think it's widely sold. While mine says "Maine Woods smell", it doesn't really have a scent unless you put your nose right down on it.

I use Mitchum unscented too, but it is an antiperspirant. I perspire heavily, so just a deodorant is a no go for me.

I use the regular Right Guard aerosol. Sure wish they still made the stick form. Great thread; I'll be looking into some of these other suggestions.

Trader Joe unscented stick. It also has cotton fibers in it to act as an antiperspirant.

It's similar to Tom's of Maine but a lot cheaper. About 2.99 and it lasts me 2 or 3 months.

I second the alum block. They last FOREVER (going on 2 months face + deodorant with fairly liberal application, and its only a bit smaller) and give better results than most unscented sticks

One more for the alum block. I needed a week or two get used to the feeling of not having a film of stuff in the armpit, but has been working very well for 5+ years. A plus for me is the no shirt armpit staining.

Top Bottom