$sotd_4527b.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 347
  • $sotd_4529_a.jpg
    $sotd_4529_a.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 346
  • $sotd_ss.jpg
    $sotd_ss.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 345
Holy mildness, Batman! I shaved for the first time with my new Mongoose today. I used Feather Professional blades. Being a Feather AC SS and CJB user, I was not used to the mildness of this razor 20th these blades. My daily razor is either an R41 2011 or FaTip Grande. I guess this means I'm going with the Super blades with this razor.

Had a bunch of shaves with my mongoose. Very smooth and it is a little mild. I'm still getting used to the ideal angle. I will say generally I don't like mixing handles but I couldn't stand the dr bomber. Way too thick and heavy. Swapped it for an ATT Colossus and the razor is so much more comfortable to hold.

I forgot I had a Feather Super out to shave with when I last used a Mongoose. Holidays travel had me using a cart.. So I came home and blithely loaded up the razor and blithely started shaving with it. I don't get the need for something more aggressive than that. World of difference between Super and other blades. It got sanguinary pretty fast.

I forgot I had a Feather Super out to shave with when I last used a Mongoose. Holidays travel had me using a cart.. So I came home and blithely loaded up the razor and blithely started shaving with it. I don't get the need for something more aggressive than that. World of difference between Super and other blades. It got sanguinary pretty fast.

I agree about the Super's, which I have used for my last 5-6 shaves, what a difference. For me, the Super is THE blade to be used in the mongoose, still a comfortable shave but more aggressive. Unfortunately for me, I have only a partial pack of them, which means I either buy more blades (which I didn't want to do because I have a lot of Kai Mild's and feather Pros) or just sell the Razor. I put a WTT post in the BST forum for a blade swap, which would be the other solution, and the preferable one.

Osborn, I agree the Supers are the blade for me. Good thing I still have the shavettes to use my two partial packs of Pro's.

The Super is a little much for me! But it is a pretty good answer for those who find the razor too mild. I do besst with the Feather Pro blades, too. They're easier to get a close shave with than the Kai Milds, and don't cause irritation or weepers for me at all.

Seems a mod must have moved my question about someone wanting to get rid of one to the Gentlemanly deals forum. Now I'm anxious. I've had a couple people contact me with interest about MAYBE being interested in selling theirs. So I may join you fellas soon, or I may not. The anticipation is killing me!

Seems a mod must have moved my question about someone wanting to get rid of one to the Gentlemanly deals forum. Now I'm anxious. I've had a couple people contact me with interest about MAYBE being interested in selling theirs. So I may join you fellas soon, or I may not. The anticipation is killing me!

you should definitely try it. it's an awesome razor and if you don't like it won't take long to sell!!

I think I might put a WTB up soon as well looking for a satin one. I'm getting impatient waiting for them to become available again.

I think I might put a WTB up soon as well looking for a satin one. I'm getting impatient waiting for them to become available again.

Afraid I have had absolutely zero luck. Two people contacted me immediately asking if I had found one yet, but apparently they were just curious, and didn't actually have one to sell. My WTB has gone largely unnoticed. So if you plan on using the GDF for anything else, I'd suggest doing so, instead of posting a WTB and having to wait two more weeks to post for anything else.

Afraid I have had absolutely zero luck. Two people contacted me immediately asking if I had found one yet, but apparently they were just curious, and didn't actually have one to sell. My WTB has gone largely unnoticed. So if you plan on using the GDF for anything else, I'd suggest doing so, instead of posting a WTB and having to wait two more weeks to post for anything else.

Thanks for letting me know. I was under the impression that you had gotten one already. I guess the wait continues for us both.

I have one a like it. I will say I didn't like the bomber handle. I swapped with a Colossus and it is night and day more comfortable to hold.

I like the Dr Bomber handle it's heavy with nice knurling. I can't imagine how much heavier the big bomber is compared to the Dr.

I think the Big bomber would be too much although I'd like to try a Bulldog handle on it maybe.

Top Bottom