What's new

Injector Did Me A Huge Disservice!

I just got my second Injector, a G model, and now I really wonder if I want to shave with anything other than it and my L1. I got an amazingly close shave with just once pass and didn't even need a second. It was as close or closer than most of my two pass shaves and a DFS all around. I even had no trouble going ATG on my neck on the single pass, I was that confident, and there was no tug or pull and no bumps or irretation where I normally would have gotten a ton from a cart of DE.

The only issue was that I got a little sloppy and gave myself a huge nick under my jaw, but that was my issue. Other than that there was no irritation to be felt from my OS aftershave. I just don't know what to do with all my other razors and blades now! :blink:

Harrumph.
That simply won't do old boy.
Please send it it me for disposal and I will send you a proper razor.

Clean close shave in a single pass indeed...

(Congrats man)

I know I might have to dispose properly of these other blades...:lol:

Honesty, I will try to use them up but I'm sold on the Injector now. I will be looking for an E later but it could cure my AD! (Ok, maybe just RAD...)

Injectors really are wonderful. I've been shaving with a J1 and the same Schick blade the past 12 days. The blade is still going strong and I'm getting great shaves.

If everybody finds out how great they are, they will want them, and the prices will go up.

I had the same experience. I was amazed at how good the SE razors are at providing great shaves.

This is for both my injectors, and my GEM's & Ever-Ready's.

Congrats on the great shave! I got my first injector last week - an E3. Came with some 1960's Krona blades. I tried it and had more pulling than I wanted. Hopefully it's just the blades. I have some new ones on the way. I am really excited to try this because all of you dedicated injector guys rave so much about these.

I have 15 different injectors and have shaved exclusively with them for the last year except for my beloved OCMM. I had a 8 year supply of
SI razor blades that I sold along with a ton of DE's--haven't missed them in the least

Congrats on the great shave! I got my first injector last week - an E3. Came with some 1960's Krona blades. I tried it and had more pulling than I wanted. Hopefully it's just the blades. I have some new ones on the way. I am really excited to try this because all of you dedicated injector guys rave so much about these.

I imagine it's just the blades since I have noticed no pulling with the Chick blades and both of my razors are milder. Get some of the Chicks or the Personna and that should solve the problem. Have fun!

Right there with you. I shaved once in the last 2 months with my DE and didn't get anywhere nearly as good of a shave. I only use my injectors now. Built a small collection of 7, with a few more I'm interested in getting at some point.

As to rising prices,I think that's already happening. I'm seeing prices prices going over $100 for some on eBay.

Right there with you. I shaved once in the last 2 months with my DE and didn't get anywhere nearly as good of a shave. I only use my injectors now. Built a small collection of 7, with a few more I'm interested in getting at some point.

As to rising prices,I think that's already happening. I'm seeing prices prices going over $100 for some on eBay.

Over $100? Must be a NOS but that's just nuts. Glad I got two for about $5 a piece.

Well someone must know the 'secret'. I've been checking the local groceries, whenever we stop in, just because you never know. Not one of them had DE's, but every one had injectors. They were the only non-cartridge blades they carry. All Schicks, averaging around $5.50 for a pack.

Well someone must know the 'secret'. I've been checking the local groceries, whenever we stop in, just because you never know. Not one of them had DE's, but every one had injectors. They were the only non-cartridge blades they carry. All Schicks, averaging around $5.50 for a pack.

Welcome to B&B!

Unfortunately, I haven't found any Injector blades around but I haven't looked a lot in all honesty.

Variety is the spice of life.
I can get a cracking shave from a DE and think "Why do I need the SEs, injectors and straights?"
I can get a cracking shave from an SE and think "Why do I need the DEs, injectors and straights?"
I can get a cracking shave from an injector and think "Why do I need the SEs, DEs and straights?"
I can get a good shave from a straight and think "I can still get better."

I know I might have to dispose properly of these other blades...:lol:

Honesty, I will try to use them up but I'm sold on the Injector now. I will be looking for an E later but it could cure my AD! (Ok, maybe just RAD...)

I can help dispose of DE supplies. Can even send you a couple Injector pieces in trade :eek:)

Top Bottom