What's new

Anyone use an aggressive razor daily?

The strange thing is that I get least irritation from R41 2013. When shaving daily, this is the razor I am using.

I tend to switch razors every couple of days, but when I first got my R41 I shaved with it every day for a couple of weeks. After the first few days I was getting very close irritation-free shaves.

I also found that using the R41 daily really helped me improve my technique. It provided immediate strong feedback if I got careless or let my attention wander.

--Bob

Well I have too much razors to use only one razor for a long time. But I had periods when I used only the R41 for 9-10 consecutive days.

I use a 2013 R41 w/ a huge variety of blades daily. I range anywhere from 2 pass DFS to a 4 pass BBS depending on my mood. I won't say there is zero irritation after the 4 pass, but a 2 pass DFS is completely irritation free.

I've been getting crazily consistent shaves from my LASSC BBS-1 lately. This morning, I was at DFS+ after one pass, and unquestionably BBS after two passes. I did a third pass, just because I had lots of lather to spare, and I don't think the blade caught on a single whisker. It's an aggressive razor, but it doesn't feel like an aggressive razor, and it makes my face ridiculously smooth.

I really don't like to talk about how great a razor is if it's unobtainable. It's of no use telling you how great a shave I got with my never released prototype Gillette Illudium Pu-36 Space Razor with diamond-coated platinum blades and a moon-rock handle if I'm the only one who has one. :lol: While I rave madly about the Mühle R41, I don't think that anyone wanting an aggressive shave will be disappointed by a 2013 model R41, which is a phenomenal razor. So regarding the BBS-1, it's sold out as of today, but I believe that a production release of some more of these razors is just around the corner. If you have the means, it is an amazing piece of shaving art.

I use a 2013 R41 w/ a huge variety of blades daily. I range anywhere from 2 pass DFS to a 4 pass BBS depending on my mood. I won't say there is zero irritation after the 4 pass, but a 2 pass DFS is completely irritation free.

I'm the same way, I vary the aggressiveness with blade choice and number of passes. It also depends on the season, in the summer my skin can take the abuse, but once the dry, cold weather arrives I will sometimes switch to a less aggressive razor near the end of the week.

Top Bottom