What's new

Geo F Trumper "Rose" hard soap

I think the pink label had something to do with world war two. Check the ingredients list & see if it list tallow. If it does, you have an original puck.
you know what, i think you're right about WWII, all the green was going into war effort?
no, my puck had no tallow in the ingredients. contains palm oil and glycerin.

I'm sure these are valid points but be careful not to get into lecturing many here who have been wet shaving with hard soaps for years. Many of us use hard soaps and when many say there is a problem with one it's not just a YMMV or an unfamiliarity with hard soaps it's that this soap is not very good.

I apologise if that's how my post came across: I don't presume to be in a position to lecture anyone.

I apologise if that's how my post came across: I don't presume to be in a position to lecture anyone.

Honestly, no need to appologize, I think I might have looked a little harder on you in text then I meant to be. It's just that at many of us spent good money on a product that isn't what it used to be and that's frustrating. Other than MdC its my most expensive soap and I was really looking forward to a great soap that I knew had a great reputation and in the end I couldn't even lather it was well as my cheap Williams.

Honestly, no need to appologize, I think I might have looked a little harder on you in text then I meant to be. It's just that at many of us spent good money on a product that isn't what it used to be and that's frustrating. Other than MdC its my most expensive soap and I was really looking forward to a great soap that I knew had a great reputation and in the end I couldn't even lather it was well as my cheap Williams.

No worries! Yeah, that is disappointing, espeically given the company's reputation and heritage. Alas, what is there to say, but life is too short for poor soaps!

No worries! Yeah, that is disappointing, espeically given the company's reputation and heritage. Alas, what is there to say, but life is too short for poor soaps!

+1 There are a lot of great soaps and the list of them keeps growing. It's a great time for soaps and creams.

I got BURNED when I bought a puck of Trumper Rose a couple of years back. It was the worst soap I have ever bought. Thin, runny lather no matter how much I experimented.:thumbdown

I got a fine puck's worth of lathers from Trumper's Rose. It took considerable effort to get a workable lather from Limes. It was slick and smelled great, but it lacked cushion.

If you can pick up the soap from a "bricks 'n mortar" store, then you can check the date code to avoid the old stock when they had trouble.

My two pucks have worked perfectly (2011 and 2012 batches).

Top Bottom