What's new

Post Shave Balm for Sensitive Skin

Afternoon All,

First time poster and long-time lurker on here.

Just after some recommendations from people for post shave balm for sensitive skin.

I've been using a safety razor for some time now and reading this place has helped me upgrade my setup over the past few months.

I use Proraso pre-shave cream and a L'occitane shaving puc to get my lather.

My only issue is I have sensitive skin, especially around my neck so when I get irritation issues after shaving. I also work in a shirt and tie job so sometimes the collars of my shirt can heighten this too.

Thanks in advance for your help. :biggrin1:

All good suggestions. I switched from Nivea to the LEA AS Balsam from Spain. It is also inexpensive and does a great job.

proxy.php

If you are in Europe or can get it ordered, through Amazon or similar , there is a German brand called Alverde. Their sensitive after shave balm is incredible value for money. Mostly natural ingredients, many from organic farming. No silicones, parabens, PEG, synthetic fragrance etc. During the cold months my skin gets quite dry. This stuff keeps it soft and hydrated. Much better than Nivea or L'Oreal. The scent is faint, mostly lavender IMO. It is only scented with essential oils and in low dosage.

You can check it here:
http://translate.google.bg/translat.../alverde-men-sensitiv-after-shave-balsam.html

The best thing is that it is cheap. Around here, a 75 ml tube costs approx. 5USD! This is cheaper per ml than Nivea and much cheaper than other natural/organic cosmetics, like Weleda.

I love the Taylor od Old Bond St. Jermyn Street aftershave balm. It's very calming and moisturizing but absorbs quickly so you are not left feeling greasy.
You could try some A/S splashes that don't include alcohol. One I use is Portland General Store's "Whiskey". It has Witch Hazel and Aloe but no alcohol so no burn at all. Corners of my neck are my sensitive area as well and since I've learned to be extra gental with the razor, it's been no problems.

Top Bottom