What's new

Lamb French Racks

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I bought a carton of Lamb French Racks. 9.5kg / 20.9Lbs. Now what to do with them. I normal season and throw in the oven but with the amount I have it's time to try something else. How do you cook your Lamb Racks?

These are single racks cut into 2 x 4 Rib French Racks per pack.
Tonight it's just the dogs and I, so kept it simple and cut into cutlets. Salt pepper and rubbed with some olive oil, then pan fried.
Served with some mushrooms fried in butter/olive oil and garlic. Deep fried chips.
my dinner guests and I enjoyed it,

$20140830_193526.jpg

Attachments

• $20140830_193750_1.jpg
    $20140830_193750_1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 85
  • $20140830_194908(0).jpg
    $20140830_194908(0).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 85
  • $20140830_194908.jpg
    $20140830_194908.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I'll season the ribs and then rub them down with a light coating of mustard and generously apply a herb coating. The herb coating usually consists of rosemary, thyme, garlic, parsley, and mint. I use a knife to mince the herbs. Medium rare to medium is my target cooking temp.

Nice looking pans.

I bet those are some happy dogs.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I'll season the ribs and then rub them down with a light coating of mustard and generously apply a herb coating. The herb coating usually consists of rosemary, thyme, garlic, parsley, and mint. I use a knife to mince the herbs. Medium rare to medium is my target cooking temp.

Nice looking pans.

I bet those are some happy dogs.
I will try some Racks like that for sure.
The pans are De Buyer mineral B. They are building up a nice season after only a few months of use.

Hey Chris, you can put a collar on me and call me pooch any day:)

Looks delicious, good job.
If you ever find yourself in New Zealand I'll even give you your own plate, no collar needed.

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
This looks good. Then again every thing Al Brown cooks looks good to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I will try some Racks like that for sure.
The pans are De Buyer mineral B. They are building up a nice season after only a few months of use.

If you ever find yourself in New Zealand I'll even give you your own plate, no collar needed.

I would love to see NZ. Visiting you wouldn't be to bad either:)

Love rack of lamb, made the mistake of having my kids try them and now I can't afford to make them anymore because they each want a whole rack.

I make a paste of olive oil, crushed garlic, chopped fresh rosemary, lemon juice and sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Slather it on and wrap in plastic wrap for at least a few hours. Then grilled over a screaming hot fire to put a nice crust on the outside and med rare on the inside. Mouth is watering.

Love rack of lamb, made the mistake of having my kids try them and now I can't afford to make them anymore because they each want a whole rack.

I make a paste of olive oil, crushed garlic, chopped fresh rosemary, lemon juice and sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Slather it on and wrap in plastic wrap for at least a few hours. Then grilled over a screaming hot fire to put a nice crust on the outside and med rare on the inside. Mouth is watering.

My recipe is like that, except that the ingredients are not all the same and the heat is slower. Garlic, rosemary or sage, pepper, sea salt, cardamom, cracked mustard. Slow heat on the Weber kettle so it's all pretty much medium (though I like my steak bloody as all heck).

I really like a glass or more of Rioja with rack of lamb. You may want to try that, if booze is an option.

Rack of lamb is my favourite meat, and my daughters'. Wish it weren't so expensive!

Dust with a Garam masala curry spice, grill or roast and then serve with Chinese BBQ sauce

I will second the dry red wine. Chianti, rooms, temranillo or Grenache!

I used a curry blend more than a masala blend. It had more to it than just curry and turmeric.
But yes, tasty. Doctored the BBQ sauce but what we had on hand was just too thick,

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I used a curry blend more than a masala blend. It had more to it than just curry and turmeric.
But yes, tasty. Doctored the BBQ sauce but what we had on hand was just too thick,
I have used a Moroccan spice mix as a rub for lamb Racks before. I like it but the little woman was not so keen.

I score the fat then lightly coat with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary, smoke at 225F to 110-115F. Rest, cut, enjoy.

Top Bottom