What's new

The super-duper passaround box round four!

If you are interested, PM me your name-screen name-email-snail mail-phone number. Please do this even if you were in the last pass. We will be using a Regional C box, and I will sort out the trajectory by zip codes in order to make shipping as low as possible. That said, it will run about $30 or so. For this reason we really need people who will not drop out, thus forcing someone to spend $50 shipping the box a long distance! These boxes are not generally available at the PO, so please order one or two from the USPS online store. They are free and actually are a nice storage box size as well in case you want to order a box of 25.

You put in roughly what we take out. You send me a pic of your puts and takes, and I give you the OK. You put the pic of your takes in the thread, and send the box on to the next player. You don't list or mention your puts- these will be a surprise for all in the queue. We'd like you to ship the box within 3-5 days. Please do this only if you are going to go through with it- the box is very heavy, and being sent in a large Regional C box- the further it has to go, the more expensive the postage. I will try to keep distances at a minimum by sorting by zip codes.

I was in the first 3 but I have to sit this one out. Just learned this week that my mother is very ill. So i'll be spending as much time with her as possible and going to her treatments with her. This may give me some downtime to post but probably not enough focus to participate. But I will watch the progress, envy the takes, and maybe jump back in on round 5. It's been a lot of fun. I appreciate how well this works and all the work hotreds has put in.

So sorry to hear about your mother! Prayers for a positive resolution, brother!

I have the box! I figure we can start the next round next Friday- so I'll need your info by Thursday the 4th if you want to participate. Once this is set up, I don't want to add anybody, so now is the time! I remember a few people wanting in on Round Three- if this was you, sign up now or you'll be waiting about a year for a potential round five!

I have the box! I figure we can start the next round next Friday- so I'll need your info by Thursday the 4th if you want to participate. Once this is set up, I don't want to add anybody, so now is the time! I remember a few people wanting in on Round Three- if this was you, sign up now or you'll be waiting about a year for a potential round five!

Glad the box made it to you ok! I'll sit out this round, but I'll keep my eyes on the thread...I hope people enjoy what I put in!

Very impressed with the way things were packed! Good job everyone! A few items have been making the rounds too often now. I'd like to have your permission to send them to the troops in one of my monthly support boxes. I will post a picture so if someone wants the item I will send it along to them! I will post a pic of my takes shortly.

My takes:

$IMG_0400.jpg

I got a few shaves while living over in Holland last year and the barber in my local town had stocked up on bricks of Kabinett. It smelled lovely! He was telling me all about his love for this soap and unfortunately, as I hadn't made my foray into DE wet shaving, didn't quite appreciate it at the time. You are one lucky man, good sir!

Don't I know it!

OK- last call! I'll be shipping the box on Friday, after that we won't be taking any more participants. So, make your move NOW!

If you are interested, PM me your name-screen name-email-snail mail-phone number. Please do this even if you were in the last pass. We will be using a Regional C box, and I will sort out the trajectory by zip codes in order to make shipping as low as possible. That said, it will run about $30 or so. For this reason we really need people who will not drop out, thus forcing someone to spend $50 shipping the box a long distance! These boxes are not generally available at the PO, so please order one or two from the USPS online store. They are free and actually are a nice storage box size as well in case you want to order a box of 25.

You put in roughly what we take out. You send me a pic of your puts and takes, and I give you the OK. You put the pic of your takes in the thread, and send the box on to the next player. You don't list or mention your puts- these will be a surprise for all in the queue. We'd like you to ship the box within 3-5 days. Please do this only if you are going to go through with it- the box is very heavy, and being sent in a large Regional C box- the further it has to go, the more expensive the postage. I will try to keep distances at a minimum by sorting by zip codes.

Likely- but I have not yet sorted the zip codes. We do have spots for more people- so far we are at fifteen.

Just a thought...maybe we hold off on shipping the box out for another week or 2 to give the stragglers a little more time? With 15 signed up that box is going to come around again pretty quick and the shipping distances could get fairly spread out for some.

OK, no problemo with that! Box is now set to ship Sept 30th. That will give everyone time to reload and stragglers time to think about it!

With the generous donation from Beezerpuppy, the box is overflowing! I decided to take two more items:

$DSCN2632.jpg

Also, this is what I decided to send to one of my troopers:

$DSCN2633.jpg

If anybody in the passaround sees something he would like, I can certainly substitute. This should give someone a really nice start on wetshaving- or a nice addition to his set-up.

I'm also going to try to trade the meat tenderizer on my cigar forum for some cigars. There probably is someone over there that could use it.

Even with these takes, the box is FULL!!!

LMK if you have any problems with any of the above!

Sounds perfect. I love what you chose for your trooper.

As Christian said, thanks for putting this all together and keeping track.

Top Bottom