What's new

How do you store your razors?

SWMBO bought me a very nice fumed oak Edwardian (English) stand that I put in the shave den.

I keep my custom razors go in the drawer.

I keep my SE razors and my "free range head" collection in boxes on the stand

I keep my injectors and overflow DE razors I might want to use in cigar boxes in the stand

Then the real over flow I keep in velvet bags inside drawers in my darkroom

Pics follow......

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Real nice Turtle

I was at a friends home the other day and he made a rack out of a piece of PVC. He drilled holes in it for the DE razors and painted it to match his bathroom. pretty simple and effective

Nothing super special but here is what I'm currently using. Its the window above the john right next to the shower. I'm in the process of designing a new stand I'm going to build but havent figured out what to do about the extra plates for the ATT razor once I do I'm going to build it. I only have my ATT & a 34c right now and dont plan on adding any razors and might give a friend the 34c or keep it for travel only so it might not get a place on the new stand. Also only have 2 brushes right now thinking about making it with space for 3.

$VEXVobq.jpg

Great thread with quite a few unique yet practical approaches to storage and display. I am thinking this through right now as my rotation went from one razor to five just this month! Keep the pics coming......

What a bunch of great ideas and photos. I just keep mine in an Old Spice mug. Makes for a nice safety razor still life.

I have mine sitting on the window sill.
I have been meaning to build myself a bathroom all to my self, with a bar, flat screen TV, and I think I may add a shaving rack.

Some of you have too many razors. Let me send my address for you to liquidate some items. :w00t:

The 3 razors I use normally plus blades, pucks, and aftershave pretty much fit on the top shelf of the medicine cabinet.

some of you have too many razors. Let me send my address for you to liquidate some items. :w00t:

The 3 razors i use normally plus blades, pucks, and aftershave pretty much fit on the top shelf of the medicine cabinet.
must. Have. MORE.

Not really a matter of better. But they are a unique design, give a wonderful shave, and most of all, great fun!

Honestly i would clean out the medicine/cosmetics that are expired first, and move the medicine to the kitchen. If you haven't used the cosmetics in over a year they are probably not good anyways.
You could probably make a shelf on the wall for the aftershave to display it better.
That should free up a little more room to put a test tube rack or a mug with some razors in it.

If you need more space you can store your razors in your wifes shoe/purse collection

$IMG_0450.jpg$IMG_0451.jpgI made 2 of these the other day out of 1/2" red oak. Nothing special, but each one will hold 23 razors, with the exception of that Gem Featherweight!

^^^ love it! Looks great.

Some great ideas fellas. The cogs are clicking now. I can't really keep them out anywhere. I have 4 kids and a wife who thinks I'm nuts, lol

Top Bottom