What's new

How do you store your razors?

Alright fellas, here's the deal. I am slowing amassing a number of razors and have nowhere to put them. My wife has me confined to this "small" section of cabinet above the toilet. I am thinking of hanging them along the top of the back on some pegs. But, before I go and do that I thought I would ask some of the greatest gents I know of what they use, and maybe I might get some ideas. So let's see it (or hear it). How do you do it?
$20140819_190953.jpg$20140821_214605.jpg

I have seen old pipe stands used for storing razors, but it looks like you are already limited on space to set it. maybe if you could luck up on a broken one, you could mount the top of it along the back wall of your shelf, basicaly the same idea as the hooks, but wood would be a gentler material than metal on your razor heads. Just a thought.

I'm thinking eye hooks. Screw them into the front-facing portion of the bottom shelf then just slide the razors in handle first and let them hang there proudly for the world (er, wife) to see and appreciate.

I'm thinking eye hooks. Screw them into the front-facing portion of the bottom shelf then just slide the razors in handle first and let them hang there proudly for the world (er, wife) to see and appreciate.

only problem I see with that is interference with the cabinet doors, or if you do it on the very bottom shelf where the tp is, the handles would interfere with the towel hanger, unles it never gets used. that could be a good option. If you do that, it would be a good idea to pre drill them so it doesn't split the wood.

SWMBO bought me a very nice fumed oak Edwardian (English) stand that I put in the shave den.

I keep my custom razors go in the drawer.

I keep my SE razors and my "free range head" collection in boxes on the stand

I keep my injectors and overflow DE razors I might want to use in cigar boxes in the stand

Then the real over flow I keep in velvet bags inside drawers in my darkroom

Pics follow......

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I store my razors, brush, bowl, styptic pencils, spare razor blades and used razor container in a stand I made one day in the garage. I'm in no way a woodworking expert but I did make an impromptu razor stand our of scrap lumber in the garage. Here's a photo of my "rough" razor stand.

$RS 001.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice turtle. Nice collection.
I just put in some new shelving for my collection as I was a little limited on floor space with the floor cabinet that was already in my small bathroom. But the ad is hitting, and my shelf is shrinking.....

Old bar tool sets can be had for next to nothing a g sales. Many work great for razor storage. At least four of them anyway.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 651
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 648
I use a multi prong pegboard hooks! I found mine at Home Depot. They also sell them on Amazon. I just drilled two holes and bent the prongs straight with some pliers and that's it! :thumbup1: These work great and they allow you to slide your razor on from the front. Its perfect for your small space. Here's how mine look....$IMG_20140822_010641_1.jpg$IMG_20140822_010913_1.jpg

This was my former storage solution:

$rotation.jpg

And this is my present solution:

Last edited by a moderator:
$012.jpg$011.jpg.$7a.jpg I store my
razors on a pipe rack and test tube rack, below the pipe rack is everything else I might need.

Last edited:
Could you stop posting pictures of those Aristocrats? You have no idea how envious I've become. I seem to see them everywhere...how much do you want for the #15? That is a 15, right?
:laugh:

That's Aristocrats from left to right: US '34, British #15, #16 and #22. They are not for sale, they are the bulk of my active rotation! :thumbup1:

I have several toothbrush holders in two styles, from Walmart, sitting atop the toilet tank in the back bathroom. I "need" one more, or another razor storage answer for those I seldom use / pick up to admire.

Top Bottom