What's new

Top 3 That Evoke Praise from Women?

Trumpers Spanish Leather seems to be the best appreciated- and no "old man" comments, which I had half expected. I suppose it is just so different to the current mainstream mens fragrances, and smells very masculine.

I saw that Carlos Santana for Men is recommended and I do not disagree that it is a really fine scent; however, its longevity is very short and on me can be as short as 2 hours. Fill up a travel vial and you should be good to go.

My wife usually comments positively when I wear something powdery, like BB 1818, or a musk, like Royall Muske.

The only negative she expressed was for English Leather, but that could have been because I over-applied it, which I'm afraid I have a tendency to do. Gotta remember, moderation, moderation....

:cool:

Too bad SCS don't ship colognes outside of CONUS, would love to try it.

Why not post that request in the marketplace forum. Someone with it, would probably be willing to ship a decant to you. I do not have it or I would do so. If no one takes you up on the offer, PM me and I will check into obtaining and shipping it to you.

I just went to the site and noticed that the Signature Fragrance New Spice Eau De Toilette, if this is what you are looking for, is $14.00 for 50ml. That is a really good price and the cost to have it shipped in CONUS and then shipped by USPS International Mail to Belgium would probably be more than the fragrance. Go figure.

Before I got married, I received the most positive reactions, by far, with Jovan Musk. I tried quite a few more expensive scents, but Jovan Musk got the most attention. My wife also likes it. My girlfriend, before I started dating my wife loved Drakkar Noir. My wife is a Polo fan, and I wear it often for here. Polo is popular with a lot of women (but not if you put on too much!). SWMBO also likes my Grey Flannel and Eau de Grey Flannel, which is what I wear to work. It is a bit subtitle and does not draw a lot of attention. That is why I like it for work. However, the Scent that really gets her is Baby Powder! My understanding is that this one gets a lot of women. So hear is my list:

1. Jovan Musk
2. Polo
3. Baby Powder

Recently:

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
Hermes Bel Ami (Vintage, but reformulated gets the job done well)
Montale Black Aoud

Angel for Men tried this on when I was in Nordstrom's and had to run a few errands in the mall. Had 4 ladies comment on what I was wearing and that I smelled almost too good. Needless to say I bought a bottle on my way back thru.

Silver Mountain Water - Before I was married and when I worked at a bank I had many of the ladies comment on how great I smelled when I wore this. One actually came up to me one day and said" Tomorrow is my birthday. Your prsent to me could be you wearing SMW. " At my dentist office the female dentist had every female in the office come smell me while I was in the chair.

Polo Blue - For some odd reason I get more comments on this scent from the ladies at church. They actually ask my wife what it is so they can get some for their husband. One actually gave my wife a bottle once because it smelled better on me than it did her husband.:lol:

S

Sam

Creed Green Irish Tweed: This scent alone has gotten more compliments than all other scents I have ever worn combined.

Creed Millisime Imperial

Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Morocain: People tend to remark it smells dry but good and nothing like they have smelled.

I also get compliments on Montale Red Vetyver. Was in a shop in Florida with my wife, open air shop at Seaside, and three women came over where I was and said wow, something smells great.

Another one I would get compliments on, but do not have, is Villoresi's Piper Nigrum.

I say skin chemistry is so important. My wife gets many compliments on Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, and she likes it, but not as much as her Creed Spring Flowers

There are lots of "top x" lists of YOUR favorites, but for something different..

What are the top 3 scents that have gotten a "what's that? mmm smells good" compliment from women "out there" that are not your significant other?

In my 43 years I say my 3 most commented on ones are:

1. Classic Polo
2. Drakkar
3. Canoe

Angel for Men tried this on when I was in Nordstrom's and had to run a few errands in the mall. Had 4 ladies comment on what I was wearing and that I smelled almost too good. Needless to say I bought a bottle on my way back thru.

Rochas Man is a gourmand fragrance and I prefer it to Angel for Men. Give it a try if you get the chance.

Canali Canali (Fall & Winter)
Aqua di Parma
Bulgari Black (Fall & Winter)

I have been dying to find a creed frangrance that agrees with me...other than Original Vetiver, a majority of them are a little too sweet. Any suggestions?

I've actually had many compliments from my penhaligon's BB cream and EF soap as for cologne davidoff coolwater (the dark blue/green bottle one) and my personnal favorite Nautica voyage (almost got me in trouble at the vets office)

Top Bottom