What's new

Kent BK8 Silvertip Badger shaving brush

If anyone has the BK8 and a 4125/2 (26mm) Thater bulb (not 2 band), how do they compare in terms of density, backbone, and softness?

Just ordered mine, great deal, Thanks for the heads up. I have a Thater 4125/2 two band that I feel is the best brush you can buy but always thought about trying the Kent in BK12 or 8 so this was perfect timing. I guess if one can own 40 or 50 razors then two brushes is not extravagant. The total came out to $113 so I don't know where you guys are coming up with $97? Still a great deal but we shall see how long it takes to get here from over seas

Last edited:
this is such a great deal! I've always wanted to try a Kent, but I just picked up a new Simpsons...
AD might kill me...

noah
Another Thanks for the Great Tip! That is an unbelievable deal. Before I knew it, the brush purchased itself!!! :w00t::ohmy::001_tongu

I've been wanting one of these for a while!

Cheers!

I used the Kent BK8 for the first time today. It's like lathering with a cloud, pure luxury.

I've been over-reading again..now I'm worried that this thing has no scritchiness at all. Does it do any kind of exfoliation? I picked up a 2-band thater off of an SRP group buy in 2011 and it's freakin awesome...it holds a lot of lather and it's stiff and scrubby enough to really pick up the whiskers.

I've been over-reading again..now I'm worried that this thing has no scritchiness at all. Does it do any kind of exfoliation? I picked up a 2-band thater off of an SRP group buy in 2011 and it's freakin awesome...it holds a lot of lather and it's stiff and scrubby enough to really pick up the whiskers.

Exfoliation yes, scritch no. All brushes exfoliate to some degree including this one.

You have the Thäter I want SO badly!

The BK8 is very soft.

Mine arrived today - 8 days ain't too shabby considering the free shipping. I just shaved last night so I won't be able to try it out until Friday or Saturday. I must say that I'm RELIEVED that this wasn't the ultra soft "kitten fur" some folks had described it as. There was a sticker on the bottom that said "BK8 / 0613" which I assume is the manufacturing date. The case was sealed nicely, and the outside was protected with a cardboard tube. The inside of the case had several scratches that ran the entire length of the case...which I don't like, but it's just the case so does it really matter? No. The hair doesn't stink like some of the "new" brushes I've purchased in the past. I don't want to compare it to the Thather until I've broken it in and given it time to bloom...I have it sitting in a bowl of warm water as we speak. There was one loose hair sticking out of the top, aside from that the brush is PERFECTLY trimmed.

Cubancigar2000 - My total price was $99.24 and I live in the Carolinas. I'm not sure why your price was so much higher. I'd like to hear your initial thoughts on the brush, and then again after you've broken it in and used it for a while.

Last edited:
Top Bottom