What's new

First shave with a Gillette New. What can I say that hasn't already been said?

I can't really add anything new to what has been said about this razor but I want to give it some praise and love. I started DE shaving with a Weber and never have clicked with it. I bought from BST a Tradere SB which was a smoother and more efficient shave on my beard. I then bought an ATT R1 Colosus and have found it to be my favorite razor so far. The R1 removes my beard effortlessly and it feels like I hold it at a more natural angle compared to the Tradere SB. Up to this point, my ATT R1 is my favorite razor followed by the Tradere. But then I had decided to try the Gillette New OC I bought a while but never used. I paired the head to a SABI T1 handle because the original is cracked and loaded a Polsilver SI. The SABI handle is the only one I have that fits neatly in the baseplate. The PolsilverSI is the only blade I use and in all razors to help me compare razors. The performance of the Gillette is absolutely amazing. It cuts so well and so smoothly that I was wondering at times if I had the right angle. It doesn't cut as much as my R1 but it is smoother. For me, it is an excellent trade off between my R1 in efficiency and my Tradere in smoothness. I have to now rate my favorites as first ATT R1 >Gillette New >Tradere SB

Wish I had discovered this razor sooner. What an excellent tool!

Im starting to think we need to stop telling everytone how good the NEWs are. Next thing you know they will be selling for Fatboy money. J/K, those things really are fantastic. If I could only own one razor it would likely be a NEW LC.

Im starting to think we need to stop telling everytone how good the NEWs are. Next thing you know they will be selling for Fatboy money. J/K, those things really are fantastic. If I could only own one razor it would likely be a NEW LC.

Believe it or not, the prices on eBay are increasing. Seriously!

Arrived yesterday. Cleaned up and ready to go in the morning. Can't wait. Think first go will be with a GSB.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 196
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 235
I wonder the same, but I also realize that I already have a Short Comb and a Long Comb and really don't need another so I ought not worry about prices, now should I?:wink2:

My first experience with a LC NEW, I got a fair amount of irritation. Maybe reaching "razorburn" even. It's now in a cupboard waiting for me to have another go....

It's brassed to death. I want to get it replated, but not really if I don't end up having as wonderful a shave from it as seemingly everybody else does!

I used my early 20's old type the other day and while I ended up with a decent shave, the experience was not enjoyable. Your take of the New has me thinking I need to find one. Good story.

Well I have 2 LCs and an SC, but I cant say I am adverse to scoring a few more. They are actually currently the only DE razors I consider buying more than one of.

I'm reasonably certain that is not the original handle, but much better than any of my NEW handles! That is a keeper.:thumbup1:

Dunno. Google NEW and there are few pics with this handle. Was a common handle on the earlier New Improved. Wonder if Gillette had some extra handles or if individuals "upgraded".

Dunno. Google NEW and there are few pics with this handle. Was a common handle on the earlier New Improved. Wonder if Gillette had some extra handles or if individuals "upgraded".
Yours has got a cool handle. That's awesome you got a great first shave with the New as well

Top Bottom