What's new

Best value badger?

See what New Forest is offering these days. Might be a bit over that price point, but certainly a lot of brush for the money.

Frank Shaving, I know a lot of folks not into direct from China, but it is where the hair comes from in the first place. Happy shaver with their 930 20mm in pure badger in faux ivory handle. Grabbed one on Maggard's for super cheap. Think only the black handled model is left. It is my favorite brush out of the 8 I own at this point.

I only paid $19.95 from an eBay seller for the (only?) Van der Hagen badger (#400051). In my experience it's hard to find separately but that guy had it. As far as I know, this is the same brush that comes in their better kits. Not the one I commonly see for $25-30 because that is a boar. I think the identical kit with badger instead of boar retails for $39.95.

Anyway, it's not very dense but the hair is good quality and it has shed very little. I think it's a very good brush for the money.

Whipped dog is the way to go. Olnly place where you will be able to pick out a handle, width, and loft and still be in your price range. Great brushes imo.

I love my Whipped Dog silvertip; it was a restoration knot into my old handle, but if I were buying new, I'd go right to WD. Great customer service, questions answered fast and sensibly.

Vintage Blades house brand is the best value going, IMO, with a very high quality brush at perhaps the best price for a "Best" grade knot that you'll find.

Top Bottom