What's new

Shaving balms

Could you lead me in the right direction? I am currently using Crabtree and Evelyn's Moroccan myrrh (which I love) shaving balm and Nivea sensitive shaving balms, but I am looking for some other suggestions. I do not like thin alcohol splashes. I am looking more for moisturizing soothing balms. I like an assortment of scents.

I like L'Occitane's Cade and L'Occitan balms. Great scents, very soothing, and a little bit goes a long way.

One of my favorites and cheapest is Barclay Crocker. You can customize and mix/match your scents and they have a lot of scents to choose from.

also proraso white is nice.

proxy.php

Myrsol Emulsion is fantastic. Non greasy, mentholated, no alcohol and it contains lanolin. It's my go to in the winter months and I usually pair it with MWF for a moisturizing shave. It's scent is also fantastic.

I found Eshave orange sandalwood balm (they call it aftershave soother) to be excellent. Has a nice light scent and the balm is not oily or heavy. Also only takes a small amount. Very soothing.

You said you liked varied fragrances so that rules out a couple I'd recommend, as above, Real Shaving Company makes a nice one. On the inexpensive side, I can suggest Aqua Velva Ice Balm and any of the Gillette Series. I have a total of 3 of the Gillettes (gel sensitive skin, gel skin renewal, lotion sensitive skin) but I'm not sure which ones are still available. FWIW the lotion is thinner than either of the gels.

Blenheim Bouquet A/S balm. Its lightweight & not greasy. I like it so much that I m even using it on my neck on non shaving days. Love the feel & the scent!

+1
I've tried T&H, TOBS, Lucky Tiger, Woody's, American Crew, Ulta Soothe, and a few others.
I like TOBS (Jermyn Street) and the RazoRock best (XX and the XXX). They go nice over a splash.
Ulta and American Crew after that.
T&H Grafton smells great but leaves you a bit sticky.

Razorock Balms are nice and not expensive

Top Bottom