What's new

hey guys, blade question. trying to find right first 100 pack!

... vap, i don't have that much dough so as crazy as it sounds i need to find a blade and stick with it. later on in life maybe i could try a lot of blades and what not. for right now, i need a blade, got my razor, soap, and just need to shave my face.

I completely understand about finances. It doesn't sound crazy at all! I spent too many years in college while supporting a family of six!

Finances are always a constraint but that is really my point. You are agonizing over the decision because you don't want to "make a mistake" and "waste money." You are worried about making the "right" decision. I'll admit, I don't know how picky you are but, for me, I've tried over two dozen blades and out of that bunch, I didn't toss a single blade "early" because, "I just can't stand the way it shaves." Of course, I have developed favorites but my "favorites" continually change and I always finish all the blades I buy even when I am moving on to something new.

My current favorite, Voskhod, runs $15/100 or $1.25/tuck of 5. That's a difference of either 3 cents or 5 cents per shave. My choice between store brand or Oscar Mayer bologna makes a bigger difference in my wallet.

Reading B&B can sometimes give someone the notion that we are all seeking some sort of "nirvana", carefully testing and discriminating amongst dozens of choices. That is an elitist, hobbiest, attitude. My father and grandfathers did just fine with the razor, soap and blades they picked up from the local five-and-dime or druggist. You can do the same. Buy what you can afford, use what you buy and try something new when the opportunity presents itself.

Top Bottom