What's new

Good open comb?

I was thinking either the HTGAM symmetry or the Parker 26c? I want to keep it cheap because I'm planning on buying an ATT around christmas time.

Do you want to keep it modern? If you're willing to go vintage, open combs don't really get any better than the Gillette NEWs, either long comb or short comb. i'm partial to the SC but either is a great razor. And they can be found for pretty cheap.

Do you want to keep it modern? If you're willing to go vintage, open combs don't really get any better than the Gillette NEWs, either long comb or short comb. i'm partial to the SC but either is a great razor. And they can be found for pretty cheap.
+1 Gillette New Long Comb is the arguably the best razor ever made.

I'm waiting till christmas to get the ATT set. I just want a nice cheap open comb that isn't crazy aggressive so I can get some practice in.

The Parker 26C isn't very aggressive, in fact it appears to be pretty mild for an open comb. I have only had mine a couple of days and am still dialing it in. It is a nice, heavy and a smooth shaver.

As far as that goes can't go wrong with the NEW either. Both great choices.

+1 for this. Vintage all the way for quality, value, and style.

+1...
I also love my Gillette Old Type OC's. They're all great shavers!

I forgot to mention also that my son has the 26c and he really likes it, even above his 40's style SS. I haven't shaved with it but it seems like a good solid razor. Either the NEW or the 26c will do you well I think. But I still favor the NEW SC.

The Razorock Jaws is a good cheap open comb as well. Someone else mentioned the Merkur 1904 which is a good little cheap shaver. If you got the money and aren't afraid of something to agressice then a Muhle R41 is hard to beat. Great quality and finish and is my go to shaver

I have the Symmetry. Nicely finished, nice weight, good shave. I find myself using this inexpensive razor more often than I had originally expected.

Top Bottom