What's new

Blooming Semogue 2000

Wow getting better every shave. Should I cut off the odd black hair?
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406219793.935122.jpg

Very nice.
I'm only about 5 shaves in on my 2000, and it's already splitting and blooming nicely. I opted for it since I've beed hankering for a boar, and have been so happy with the handle shape of my Semogue 2013 LE (which the 2000 crushes for crazy efficient, if sloppy, bowl lathering, btw)

Thanks for the pix of a popular brand boars..

I just got a boar brush with a order of soap that I purchased...

I email the owner on what company produced his brush...

He said it was a company in China that made it for him...

Yes, China...:scared:

I'll give it the 2 weeks for the break-in and let you guys know how it is...

Mike

$S2000.jpg

Here's mine ^ I used it daily for 9 months until i got a SOC badger. I do break it out at least once a week and it is great to use. This was used yesterday and i bet it will look even better later today or tomorrow when it is fully dry. S2000 is a great brush that doesn't get mentioned a lot.

As I understand it, the black hairs are nylon "guide hairs" that serve to help position the boar hairs in the shaping of the knot. Omega brushes do the same thing.

The Semogue 2000 is the Rodney Dangerfield of Semogue boar brushes. Released shortly after the groundbreaking Semogue 1305 and before the SOC, the 2000 was plagued with finish problems where the lacquer finish quickly crazed and then cracked making for one ugly brush. Semogue quickly changed it's finishing process, but by then all the buzz was about the SOC.

The Semogue 2000 for me is a wonderful brush, which because of it's size I like to lather in the bowl with.

Wow getting better every shave. Should I cut off the odd black hair?

Here's mine ^ I used it daily for 9 months until i got a SOC badger. I do break it out at least once a week and it is great to use. This was used yesterday and i bet it will look even better later today or tomorrow when it is fully dry. S2000 is a great brush that doesn't get mentioned a lot.

Guys i want to ask you something about your 2000,it's crucial for me:
It holds enough lather for the 3rd pass or you have to reload it ?

:001_rolle

As I understand it, the black hairs are nylon "guide hairs" that serve to help position the boar hairs in the shaping of the knot. Omega brushes do the same thing.

The Semogue 2000 is the Rodney Dangerfield of Semogue boar brushes. Released shortly after the groundbreaking Semogue 1305 and before the SOC, the 2000 was plagued with finish problems where the lacquer finish quickly crazed and then cracked making for one ugly brush. Semogue quickly changed it's finishing process, but by then all the buzz was about the SOC.

The Semogue 2000 for me is a wonderful brush, which because of it's size I like to lather in the bowl with.

Interesting...

Guys i want to ask you something about your 2000,it's crucial for me:
It holds enough lather for the 3rd pass or you have to reload it ?

:001_rolle

I only face lather and the 2000 can get the job done in the later rounds even without the bowl. It can hold a TON of lather.

I only face lather and the 2000 can get the job done in the later rounds even without the bowl. It can hold a TON of lather.

Please tell me your secret - I simply cannot get enough lather out of this brush. I face lather and use a hot towl - so one pass for that - do 4 passes and then like to cover my face one more time while I clean everything - so 6 passes in total. On a good day I can get 4 without a bowl...

If you're doing six passes, you might want to reload after the third.

I load like it's nobody's business. Also with the 2000 I make sure to shake a decent amount if water out. I find it easier to add it later as I'm face lathering instead of having a wet brush that can't pick up the soap. Also it helps cut through the soap when the bristles aren't sopping wet.

Top Bottom