What's new

Converted my wife the other day

The other day my wife watched me go through my morning ritual of shaving and told me "I guess I just don't understand why you can't use cartridge razors." To this I chuckled and offered to shave her legs with my DE safety razor after she showered.
Now it's important to note that she has eczema and is very apprehensive about shaving her legs that often. I used jojoba oil as a pre shave oil, maca root cream, and finished with raw Shea butter.
Afterwards she was simply amazed at the difference and total lack of irritation, which she always got from her "women's special moisturizing strip cartridges" and canned gel foam stuff.
My reward for showing her the reasoning behind safety razors, brushes, and shaving cream? An "everything blade sampler pack" from west coast shaving, a proraso green tub, a TOBS avocado cream tub,and a bunch of samples. I guess it pays to share :)

Good job convincing her!

My wife is terrified of my DE....and thought there must be another woman in my life when I started spending all this money on grooming products :hang: As an Oil worker...spending money on grooming products was never on my mind before:lol:

Congrats, my wife had a similar conversion.

The only "problem" is now you have two people with ADs who enable each other. :)

It is always nice to add another shared interest to a relationship though.

I just bought my wife a shaving starter pack this weekend. She received it yesterday. I don't know if she will like it or not. That is why I bought some products that I will use if she doesn't. Hopefully she will share if she does like it.

Awesome! I converted my wife recently with a Lady Gillette blue starburst! Now she is using all my creams, soaps, blades, and brushes..... It's a slippery slope my friend! Congrats!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Way to go. When I saw the thread title, I thought "Converted her into what?". Reminded me of an old joke

"Just got a new car for my wife. Best trade I ever made"

Awesome! I converted my wife recently with a Lady Gillette blue starburst! Now she is using all my creams, soaps, blades, and brushes..... It's a slippery slope my friend! Congrats!

I tried that - got a pristine example on BST, presented to SWMBO and....crickets. Two weeks later I was told that while it was a nice idea, it would not be used. :a36:

My skin was always raw already from 2 or 3 weeks of working with diesel and whatever else they put in drilling mud. Using lava bars would have been cruel and unusual pumicement.

...and now you just have to add products for her when you place your orders :laugh: and we're doing this to save money?

Top Bottom