What's new

Wilkinson Sword Empire Blades Need Help

I have been reading articles on this site for a while, and have acquired a few Wilkinson Sword Empire razors. I am in need of advise, as to how to sharpen and hone these blades. I have approx 15 blades, loose wedge ones and the 7-day ones. These are rust free, no nice, but are not sharp enough, for my liking. I have no experience sharpening straight razors, or single edge safeties. Also, is there anyone who does sharpen these blades for a nominal fee?

It has been almost a month, and no replies. Does anyone on the SE forum sharpen their own wedge type blades. Wilkinson and a few Lather Catchers use wedge style blades. Also, Rolls Razors. Do any of you hand sharpen these?

I've had some luck with my Rolls blades but not enough that I'd be willing to try someone elses. I used Arkansas medium and fine, and then sandpaperand lapping film. Drop a note to Ceefuhs as he offered to do one of mine.

Thanks for the reply. I tried sharpening one with a hard Arkansas stone, as well. Very sharp, but not enough. I thought about getting some lapping film.

Top Bottom