What's new

OC Slant

Has one ever been made? Will there ever be one made? I had for a brief period a Merkur Slant and the safety bar bugged me. I have been on a open comb kick for most of the past year. I would love to try a Slant OC.

Fasan from Solingen, Valencia from France, and Ziglar from South Carolina. There were some others as well, and so this is just a partial list. Out of these three, I have just shaved with a few Fasans, and the metal ones are easier to maneuver than the plastic versions.

Here are some examples in my collection.

Fasan.
$fasan1.jpg

Valencia.
$V2.jpg

Unknown German Bakelite.
proxy.php

It is a very efficient shaver. The weight and balance are perfect. In the hand it feels like a Merkur HD, very substantial.

But for some reason my face didn't get along with it, I think with mild razors just work better with my face.

Here are some images of the case and blade holders.
$V3.jpg

I have an D.Corrado OC slant on its way to me. Also, that Valencia looks very familiar. I think I may have been bidding against you on that one. Congrats on one fine looking razor.

Hi,

Fasan had them as both Single and Double Slants. I shave two passes (WTG and XTG) with a Double Slant every day. That makes for a easy and irritation free DFS. :)

Stan

Very nice wscottb7862! Now that you mention it Oel, I think the Corrado I bought was made by Merkur. I love these less common razor configurations!

I thought my Fasan Double Slant red dot had some serious bite to it, but ^that^ looks pure evil! :scared:

How does it shave?

The blade looks scary but it's actually a great shaver. It is very light, it almost feels like a disposable in the hand, so it is very maneuverable.

Just when I had convinced myself that I have all the razors I need, this thread comes up. Welcome back RAD!

Hi Chris

i love the Valencia, I think I bought yours ! For me its super smooth I rotate that one on weekends with a h2 ATT. During the week its a 2011 R41 on a BRW Bullmastif XL !! all very mild razors !

Thanks again for selling it to me

Good Hunting

Bill sohne

It is a very efficient shaver. The weight and balance are perfect. In the hand it feels like a Merkur HD, very substantial.

But for some reason my face didn't get along with it, I think with mild razors just work better with my face.

Here are some images of the case and blade holders.
View attachment 473140

Top Bottom