What's new

Latakia and Scotch

Do you like Latakia and Scotch

• I like Latakia and Scotch

• I like Latakia but not Scotch

• I like Scotch but not Latakia

• I don't like either

Results are only viewable after voting.
Latakia was love at first taste for me (C&D Pirate Kake notwithstanding), but I could take or leave Scotch. I'd much rather have Bourbon. Or ouzo. Or Pepsi.
To quote my father (who's tastes run along similar lines), "Scotch tastes like diesel to me."

Last edited:
Update: I like scotch.

I like scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch.

$ron-burgundy-i-love-scotch.jpg

When the the grain was malting, we were taken to the malting floor which is on the third story. Below there were all these peat fires and the smoke was wafting up through the floor boards to the malting barley. It was awesome.

You just described heaven. As long as they let you smoke latakia in there I mean. :)

Interesting. I'm drinking a couple of straight whiskeys from Tasmania (Tasmania won the best whiskey in the world this year). It's very smokey and peaty and beyond good.

Into my second glass and loaded up a bowl of FMO. can't even taste the frog. At all. How weird is that! As in, not even a hint of smokey goodness.

Update: half a bowl later and the frog has come alive somewhat but the whiskey has completely nullified it to this point.

I'm like whiskies in general. I enjoy most scotches except for the peaty stuff...not for a lack of trying either. Lately I've been on a rye thing. I don't have much experience with bourbon's but I do enjoy them from what I have tasted, they tend to be sweeter than the rye stuff I've been drinking.

Latakia....well that was love at first light.

I'm like whiskies in general. I enjoy most scotches except for the peaty stuff...not for a lack of trying either. Lately I've been on a rye thing. I don't have much experience with bourbon's but I do enjoy them from what I have tasted, they tend to be sweeter than the rye stuff I've been drinking.

Latakia....well that was love at first light.

Boris, have you tried Templeton Rye? It is what Al Capone referenced as "The Good Stuff". It is really, really good. I highly recommend it.

My son just got hired on as a Sheriff's Deputy in Lexington County, SC. One of my friends gave my son a bottle of Templeton's at his going away party. So, when I go visit my son, I know what will be waiting for me!

Top Bottom