Do you like Latakia and Scotch

• I like Latakia and Scotch

• I like Latakia but not Scotch

• I like Scotch but not Latakia

• I don't like either

Results are only viewable after voting.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I voted #1. Both were acquired tastes for me, but neither took too long to get used to.

I like both, but both are an acquired taste -- plus you often have to find the "right one" out all the many brands.
For instance, I like The Balvanie scotches, but I don't like the traditional smoke & peat bombs at all.

Bourbon is my favorite, though.

I gotta say that The Balvenie Double Wood goes extremely well with 965. Gaslight and Laphroaig 18 is an awesome combination.

As for Burbons: Blanton's is a must try as is Booker's.

Well, I decided to go ahead and just dive into scotches (B&B tends to be the motivating force behind my curiosities turning into realities for some reason).

I stopped by a liquor store and picked up a bottle of Glenfiddich 12. I'll try it with a cigar tonight, just to test drive it.

Well, I decided to go ahead and just dive into scotches (B&B tends to be the motivating force behind my curiosities turning into realities for some reason).

I stopped by a liquor store and picked up a bottle of Glenfiddich 12. I'll try it with a cigar tonight, just to test drive it.

Update: I like scotch.

I love latakia, but can't get into Scotch. I love all other forms of whiskey, particularly bourbons (of which Maker's Mark is my favorite), but I cannot enjoy Scotch at all. It's not for lack of trying, mind you.

I like a big, peaty scotch.. Lagavulin 16 and Ardbeg 10 are my current open bottles in that category. Too many lat blends open to list, but I love the combination. I also like a non peaty scotch, like Aberlour, and getting the smokiness from a bowl of something like Margate.. a nice complimentary contrast. Whisky and a pipe is just an all around excellent combo!

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
My favorite scotches are Abelour, Balvenie Double Wood, MacCallan Sherry Wood, and Dalmore the Cigar Malt.

I like a big, peaty scotch.. Lagavulin 16 and Ardbeg 10 are my current open bottles in that category. Too many lat blends open to list, but I love the combination. I also like a non peaty scotch, like Aberlour, and getting the smokiness from a bowl of something like Margate.. a nice complimentary contrast. Whisky and a pipe is just an all around excellent combo!

There is a little known Scotch over here, but I found it when I was honeymooning in Scotland. It is called Blair Athol and it is smokey and peaty. It is lovely stuff. We actually stayed on the Blair Athol estate. If you can get your hands on it, you won't be disappointed!

There is a little known Scotch over here, but I found it when I was honeymooning in Scotland. It is called Blair Athol and it is smokey and peaty. It is lovely stuff. We actually stayed on the Blair Athol estate. If you can get your hands on it, you won't be disappointed!

That sounds excellent, but it's unavailable here.. dang it! I'll have to check across the river soon.

When the the grain was malting, we were taken to the malting floor which is on the third story. Below there were all these peat fires and the smoke was wafting up through the floor boards to the malting barley. It was awesome.

Top Bottom