What's new

Fess up. Cherry. Who smokes it?

Tried a cherry a while back. At first it grossed me out. So sticky, sickly and goopy.

But then, I liked it. Near the end of the bowl I was quite enjoying it. Like a rich dessert, once in a while but a rare thing.

Anyone here get into the cherries?

(The cob tasted of cherry for a few weeks after just one bowl. Freaky)

I have a jar of Alsbo Gold in the cupboard. I call it Danish Cherry Horror.

Actually, its not that bad and I should revisit it. Maybe a year or two in a jar in the back of a dark cupboard will have improved it.

I started with an OTC cherry that I might occasionally revisit, though I can't remember the last time I did. I would definitely consider a better quality blend. In a recent order I did buy an ounce of an artisanal cherry blend but I haven't tried it yet.

I was gifted some hobbits weed. It's nice but I would never smoke it in one of my briars. There is a cob dedicated for that.

The best cherry blend I've ever tried is McClelland's Three Cherry. Delicious.

Boswell's, of course, has a few good cherries. My favorite being PA Dutch Treat.

I've smoked both good and bad Cherry blends.

Good:

Middleton's Cherry Blend (the cherry is very supple)
Smoker's Pride Cherry Cavendish
Russ's Monthly Blend Cherry Cordial

Bad/Horrid:

Captain Black Cherry
Paladin Black Cherry

Got some Cult Blood Red Moon that I haven't tried yet. I've heard nothing but great things about it though.

I just don't like it. I guess I need to find the right blend, they just seem to remind me of cheap cough syrup my parents made me take when I was sick as a child...

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
SG Celtic Talisman is a lightly topped cherry blend. If you want Kood Aid cherry this isn't it. Subtle flavor, and quality tobacco.

I started with Middleton's and moved to various bulk bagged cherry tobacco from the drugstore. At Christmas 2012 I received a package of tobacco from another BL member and moved to better stuff.

Heirloom cherry is fair, Its only the second cherry I've tried, but its not too heavily flavored.

Paladin cherry, my first cherry and one of the first blends I ever tried...now that stuff was bad. So much PG every bowl would gurgle like a clogged drain pipe!

So some of the quality offerings are probably not too bad (I don't hate the heirloom cherry after all) you just have to be in the mood for an aromatic.

I don't think Boswell's Pennsylvania Dutch Treat qualifies as cherry, but per tobaccoreviews, it has cherry in it. But it's not in your face. That's a really good blend.

Dave

i bought a tin, pooped it and the tin note was such a turn off, i just jarred it and haven't touched it since.
i bought a tin, pooped it and the tin note was such a turn off, i just jarred it and haven't touched it since.

I think I found the source of the bad tin note.

Top Bottom