What's new

Rare, limited edition, unobtainium cigars. Where to buy?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Lately I been getting this urge to stock more rare, limited edition smokes. It’s that time of year I might smoke a cigar once or twice a week, 3x MAYBE. Over the winter months I might get out there once a month. So as you can read - I’m not a heavy cigar smoker. Just every now and then. With that said, I feel like my collection and tastes would be better served with more limited exclusive type smokes. Not your everyday smokes, since I don’t smoke every day. But smokes that you might let age in your humi for a few years or 10. Smokes that when you take out to enjoy are actually damn well enjoyable. Smokes that folks say wow…that’s a good one how did you/where did you get that?

Right now all I got in that category is Davidoff Ginza 10th Anniversary, and I only have 5 of those left.

I would prefer if I could buy 1-5 of these rare exclusive smokes I’m after but If I have to buy a whole box so be it.

The real question here is……where do I find them? Where do I buy them from?
There is a nice shop a town over. I’m assuming the majority of answers here will be “check your local cigar shops”. But let’s hear some online resources too….

Not rare, but kind of pricey, my special occation smokes are "AF Don Carlos #3" & "Opus X", "Padron Anniversary 1964". Get them at Cigars International or Best Cigar Prices websites. Hope this helps.

I have had good luck with Neptune Cigars. Good customer service, fast shipping. Padron 1964 #4 is my special stick! Good luck in your hunt!

@Toothpick

Paradoxically, it's easier to buy Cuban cigars (regular, REs or LEs) from the US and have it shipped to the US (where they are technically illegal) than it is to do the same with special edition non-Cubans (like Davidoff Regionals). If you're not familiar with the reputable/known Habanos online vendors, I can PM you a list.

As far as special edition non-cubans, it's another story. I know of an online seller from Hong Kong who had Davidoff Regionals but they're now sold out. The Ginza was one of them. Great cigar by the way, I have a box and a half left I think. All in all, they're a pain to find/buy. You either need to find who sells them (then arrange payment/shipping) or travel and hunt or ask people you know who travel.

That said, it would help to know what you're looking for.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I have only tried 3 Davidoff cigars. I’m eager to try more though. They are impressive sticks.

I have only tried 3 Davidoff cigars. I’m eager to try more though. They are impressive sticks.

They are.

Have you seen/heard of the Year of the Tiger Edition? They laid darker tobacco veins on lighter wrapper leaves during the fermentation process to emulate the lines of a tiger. Genius.

Dav_YearoftheTiger13.jpeg

Davidoff is all about quality not sure if their consistent is like Padron.

Honestly there are lots of great Cigar that a price point hidden gems.

Don’t have to smoke Davidoff Oro to hit gold.

Top Bottom