What's new

The Pen I keep gravitating to for daily use...

if you push the little arrow on the front sometimes you can get a hold of that reading rainbow guy... i think his name is kunta something

More intrigued....

After searching fleabay...I now want one!

Last edited:
Ok...scratch that...just bought a Pilot Custom 74 in blue tint from Goulet....Brian and his cursed vids...crushes the wallet every time

Just finished a 2.5 day seminar with my new Lamy 2000 with a Pendleton nib. This pen may knock my trusty Parker 51 off the daily carry post.

Just finished a 2.5 day seminar with my new Lamy 2000 with a Pendleton nib. This pen may knock my trusty Parker 51 off the daily carry post.

Interesting...I'll go have a looksee! Although a well cared for 51 is quite stunning...

Interesting...I'll go have a looksee! Although a well cared for 51 is quite stunning...

I really like my 51. The Lamy 2000 does everything the 51 does in terms of being a good note taking pen. It writes first time every time and the nib doesn't dry out. The Lamy 2K's ink supply is far greater. The Lamy 2K's nib size, wetness, and cut were spec'd out to meet very precise requirements. Pendleton Brown was great to work with. The 51's stub nib is great but it is a stock medium stub. I also like the Lamy 2K's ink window. I know when its getting low and I still have lots of writing time left in the pen.

I'll probably end up using both because the lines they lay down are different. The 51 is a medium stub that lays down a great line but it is a drier line. The Lamy 2K is a .8mm stub that lays down a wet line. The line laid down is bigger than the 51's line. It is still small enough to be OK for notes. It is also big enough to make a statement for signatures and grading purposes. The 51's is OK for signatures but it is a bit small for grading papers.

Bottom line... I have two great pens I really like to write with throughout the day. Life is good!

Last edited:
usually one of these....
. $duo2_zps1b30d202.jpg

I really like my 51. The Lamy 2000 does everything the 51 does in terms of being a good note taking pen. It writes first time every time and the nib doesn't dry out. The Lamy 2K's ink supply is far greater. The Lamy 2K's nib size, wetness, and cut were spec'd out to meet very precise requirements. Pendleton Brown was great to work with. The 51's stub nib is great but it is a stock medium stub. I also like the Lamy 2K's ink window. I know when its getting low and I still have lots of writing time left in the pen.

I'll probably end up using both because the lines they lay down are different. The 51 is a medium stub that lays down a great line but it is a drier line. The Lamy 2K is a .8mm stub that lays down a wet line. The line laid down is bigger than the 51's line. It is still small enough to be OK for notes. It is also big enough to make a statement for signatures and grading purposes. The 51's is OK for signatures but it is a bit small for grading papers.

Bottom line... I have two great pens I really like to write with throughout the day. Life is good!

What ink are you using in your 51?

I don't have one, but a series of pens to fit the task.

Taking notes: Sheaffer Le Black with Skrip Washable Blue.
Signing Docs: Pilot Metropolitan with Noodlers Bad Belted Kingfisher.
Writing letters and cards: Pilot Metropolitan with Parker Permanent Black.
Jotting things down on whatever cheap office paper we have: Whatever ballpoint I have at the moment.

Pilot custom 74 arrived today. We'll see how that does for a month if it takes down my VP from the daily grind

I love me some Pilots, never had a 74 but It should be similar to my 92 other then the piston filler. I bet you love it

So far it's amazing...the piston filler is my first of that filler type and I was very impressed by the capacity!

Top Bottom