What's new

La Toja Stick

Well used Arko today and La Toja on Sunday. Both are excellent stick soaps, but I'm always amazed by Arko when I use it. May just have to take both with me when I travel overseas next month....can't seem to decide which one I like better.

I used La Toja for the first time today. I was amazed at the amount of lather it it produced by the amount of soap was applied to my face. I used a 18mm Wolf Whiskers brush (testing out a small travel sized brush and stick) and was thinking that I was going to need to re apply the soap to my face after my seccond pass. To my suprise, it produced enough lather out of that small amount of soap, with that small knot for atleast 4 passes and a cleanup! This will be in my regular rotation from now on. A great size for travel too!

For what it's worth I bought several. Since I had so many I decided to grate one up and press it into a bowl. After moistening it a bit and pressing again real firmly I let it dry out for a few days. It's a great puck of soap, and now I can load my brush from a puck of LT!

I bought this recently and gave it an initial trial today. I loved it. It worked beautifully with its Iberian friend the Semogue 620.

I didn't know this before, but the La Toja stick apparently uses some of the natural spa minerals and/or thermal mud native to the Isle of La Toja, and what made it a popular destination. The first couple times I used this stick I only got so-so results, but that was directly related to poor lathering technique. After revisiting this awhile ago, with vastly improved lathering skills, this soap is wonderful. It really does leave your skin feeling very nice after the shave too - which I would attribute to "spa" type ingredients used in it.

Top Bottom