What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

I've completed several new stone handles over the past week and have a few more in process that I expect to have completed in the next day or so. These and others are listed and available at http://www.eliterazor.com.

Malachite
proxy.php

Wild Horse Jasper
proxy.php

Kingman Turquoise
proxy.php

Imperial Jade
proxy.php

Azurite with Malachite
proxy.php

As always, thanks for looking,

Bob

In between custom orders and the holiday madness that seems to take over my house, I have added several new items to my inventory at http://www.eliterazor.com.

Please remember, all custom pieces are on sale through January 15th. Enter coupon code 2016 at checkout to receive a 16% discount.

Blue, Gold and Black acrylic

proxy.php

Amboyna burl - Gallery Grade
proxy.php

Blue Lapis 24mm
proxy.php

Bob

I just recently received a good sized shipment of various stone pieces and am in the process of building brush and razor handles.

Below are several examples of the stone I currently have in my shop. If I can build a brush or razor handle for you from any of these materials, please let me know.

Also, remember to enter coupon code 2016 at checkout through January 15th to receive a 16% discount on all custom pieces at http://www.eliterazor.com.

Bloody Basin Jasper - In stock
proxy.php

Gold Laced Quartz - In stock
proxy.php

Malachite - Sold
proxy.php

Kingman Turquoise - Sold
proxy.php

Gold Laced Onyx - Sold
proxy.php

Bob

I have a couple of burl and resin brushes in progress that I expect to have finished early next week. I have also been doing a bit more with the stone pieces. Below are a couple that have just been added at http://www.eliterazor.com.

First are a brush, custom Progress and a fountain pen made of Gold Laced Onyx. The components on the fountain pen are all 100% stainless steel, except the nib. Lastly, is a Kingman Turquoise brush

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

As always,

Thanks for looking,

Bob

Just added to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com are the two brushes shown below.

Amboyna burl - the handle is 58mm. This is a derivative of the Paladin Lotus design with only one ridge instead of two.

proxy.php

Buckeye burl with red resin - the handle is 60mm tall.

proxy.php

As always, thank for looking,

Bob

I've just added several very nice pieces to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com. Shown below are just a few:

Amboyna Burl Beehive - 100mm in total height. As shown, the loft of the knot is 50mm, however it may be adjusted to your preference.

proxy.php

Speckled Amber razor handle
proxy.php

Buckeye burl and blue resin handle - This is one of the best pieces of Buckeye burl that I've ever seen.
proxy.php

Bob

Ken Lynn of Paladin Shaving posted an excellent discussion regarding loft on knots and the concept of "Free Loft", defined as the distance from the top of the plug to the tip of the hairs. I agree that is a very valid point of consideration when determining how you want the knot set in your handle. Since I don't set a knot in a handle until it is sold and ready to ship, I would be glad to provide data on the Free Loft to insure the brush meets your expectations.

I recently completed the two handles, in the Lotus design by Paladin Shaving, shown below and have added them to my site athttp://www.eliterazor.com.

Desert Ironwood - 60mm handle
proxy.php

Spalted Maple - 60mm handle
proxy.php

As always, thank for looking,

Bob

In between custom orders, I've recently been able to add a few new items to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.

140 - 150 year old reclaimed Poplar - 24 - 26mm
proxy.php

Curly Mango - 28mm
proxy.php

Pecan - 28mm
proxy.php

Bob

I've added quite a few new razor handles and brushes to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com and have more in the works.

Lady Amherst's Pheasant Feather Handle - This unique handle was cast by John Underhill, an award winning feather artist and resin caster. Each feather is painstakingly placed prior to casting in crystal clear acrylic resin. This is truly a “one of a kind” piece as, just like snowflakes, each feather has a different pattern, color shade and character.
proxy.php

Bobwhite Quail Feather Handle - The Bobwhite Quail is found in 38 US states and is a prominent game-bird in the South. Their name derives from their distinctive whistle ("bobwhite"). Native Americans utilized bobwhite quail for food, and as they changed to a more agrarian society, Bobwhite numbers increased around cropped fields. In 1557, Hernando DeSoto's expedition reportedly received a gift of wild turkeys and partridge (probably Bobwhite quail) at a Native American village in what is now Georgia, comprising the earliest record of man using Bobwhites for food.
proxy.php

Camphor Burl Brush - Camphor Burl is a beautiful, soft, aromatic wood. It originates from China, Japan, Korea and other areas of East Asia. The camphor tree, an evergreen, grows slowly. It takes 50 years or more before one becomes large enough to distill camphor from its bark. In that time, the tree can reach 100' tall; with the spread of its branches frequently double its height. Centuries ago, the unsanctioned cutting of a camphor tree in China or Formosa (Taiwan) was punishable by death. That's because Camphor wood was reserved for sacred ceremonial items, such as the Chinese mu-yu drum used in temples. But chang-mu, as the wood is called in China, eventually flourished in foreign trade. Ship captains and other seafarers sought it for their sea chests to ward off moths.
proxy.php

Thuya Burl Brush - The Thuya tree is a short scrub-like conifer indigenous to Morocco. The exceptional natural patterns in the grain are only found in the root of the tree. The color is golden brown to red, highly figured with small eye clusters of tight burls. It is relatively rare. This wood has been coveted since Roman times for woodworking and furniture and in modern times extracts from the tree are used in both homeopathy and aromatherapy.
proxy.php

Bloody Basin Jasper Brush - Bloody Basin Jasper is associated with the Zodiac sign of Taurus. Red Jasper was a much sought after gem in the very ancient times and today it is used for aesthetic as well as industrial purposes. It belongs to the family of quartz. The name is Greek in origin, meaning “spotted or speckled stone”. The color of Jasper ranges from red to shades of brown due to the presence of ferric oxide. But with the combination of other minerals it gets a colorful, banded appearance. In mythology, Jasper is said to have powers to keep evil and fatal insect or reptile bites at bay. This particularly handsome Bloody Basin Jasper stone is named for the mine in which it is found. It is native to Arizona and is prized for its' deep crimson tone with jet black veins.
proxy.php

Bob

Quite a few new items have recently been listed on my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.

With Memorial Day and Father's Day fast approaching, I am offering a 15% discount through the end of May on every custom piece on my site. Please enter "Spring2016" (without quotes) at checkout to receive the discount.

Barber Poles are back in both the long and short handles.
proxy.php

In honor of Memorial Day, I've added a few of the U.S. flag handles

proxy.php

The brush shown below is made of Sprectrply, which is the replacement for Dymondwood, which ceased production after the factory burned several years ago. It's a laminate of contrasting hardwood pieces and makes a beautiful handle.
proxy.php

The brush shown below is made of Bethlehem Olive wood. The grain pattern in this piece is just amazing.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Bob

Below are some recently added razor handles. They are all made of laser-cut pieces of wood which are assembled by hand to create the images shown.

Please remember, all in-stock custom items are on sale at a 15% discount through the end of May. Please enter "Spring2016" (without quotes) at checkout to apply the discount.

All these pieces, and many more, are listed at http://www.eliterazor.com

Scales of Justice
proxy.php

Four Leaf Clover
proxy.php

Fire Breathing Dragon
proxy.php

Peace Sign
proxy.php

Texas Longhorn Steer
proxy.php

Bob

I have just received a new shipment of Manchurian White and High Mountain White knots.

I have the Manchurian White in 24, 26 and 28mm and the High Mountain White in 24mm and they are listed on my site athttp://www.eliterazor.com under Premium Knots in the Shaving Brushes category. I would be glad to set one of these fine knots into a handle for you, just let me know your preferred loft.

I have added a few new brushes to the site:

Blue Angel
proxy.php

Charcoal
proxy.php

Gold Laced Onyx
proxy.php

Gold Laced Onyx
proxy.php

Bob

A couple of recently added brushes at http://www.eliterazor.com.

Bloody Basin Jasper - This handle will accept either a 24 or 26mm knot. It is shown with a 24mm Manchurian White.

Bloody Basin Jasper is associated with the Zodiac sign of Taurus. Red Jasper was a much sought after gem in the very ancient times and today it is used for aesthetic as well as industrial purposes. It belongs to the family of quartz. The name is Greek in origin, meaning “spotted or speckled stone”. The color of Jasper ranges from red to shades of brown due to the presence of ferric oxide. But with the combination of other minerals it gets a colorful, banded appearance. In mythology, Jasper is said to have powers to keep evil and fatal insect or reptile bites at bay. This particularly handsome Bloody Basin Jasper stone is named for the mine in which it is found. It is native to Arizona and is prized for its’ deep crimson tone with jet black veins.

proxy.php

Alternate Casein - This handle will accept either a 24 or 26mm knot. It is shown with a 24mm High Mountain White.

Casein is a most unusual material made from the protein by-product of milk. Casein has been used as glue since antiquity, but the first patents for the modern materials are from 1885 and 1886 in Germany. Some of the earliest plastics were based on Casein. In particular, Galalith was well known for use in buttons. The earliest objects made of Casein imitated traditional items made of horn or ivory. Casein was widely used through the 1950’s for small, hard items such as buttons, beads, poker chips, fountain pens, umbrella and bag handles, as well as knitting needles and various adhesives. This piece of Alternate Casein is made of a polyester resin imported from Europe.

proxy.php

Kingman Turquoise - This handle will accept either a 24 or 26mm knot. It is shown with a 24mm High Mountain White.

Kingman Turquoise is the one of the official birth stones for the month of December as adopted by the American National Association of Jewelers in 1912. For centuries, the most valuable turquoise came from Iran (Persia) but today some specimens mined in the southwestern United States, specifically turquoise from the famous Kingman mines, compete with it. The Aztecs mined turquoise in an area now known as New Mexico and a significant amount of turquoise comes from Arizona, California and Nevada. Turquoise is sacred to many Native American’s and was carved in the shape of animals and birds. These carvings were placed in the Indians tombs to attract beneficial spirits and to guard the dead. Turquoise was also used by medicine men for healing and by warriors who fixed turquoise to the end of their bows to insure accurate shots.

proxy.php

Bob

That dragon one is pretty neat. I wasn't aware that anyone was in the business of making hand-drawn or printed designs for razor handles. I feel like the skull and crossbones is fitting for me as well.

That dragon one is pretty neat. I wasn't aware that anyone was in the business of making hand-drawn or printed designs for razor handles. I feel like the skull and crossbones is fitting for me as well.

Thanks. Just a point of clarification, the designs are comprised of separate pieces of wood that have been dyed, laser-cut and then assembled to create the images.

Bob

Thanks. Just a point of clarification. The designs are not printed, but are comprised of separate pieces of wood that are dyed, cut by a laser and then assembled by hand to create the images.

Bob

Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to finish up some new razor handles, as well as a brush handle.

The razor handles are designed to accept either a Gillette Mach 3 or Fusion head. They are not interchangeable and I will secure the head of your choice to the handle before shipping.

The brush handle is made of Larimar, a distinctive gem that is found exclusively within a small inaccessible mountainous region of the Dominican Republic. It is a variety of Pectolite, an acid silicate hydrate of calcium and sodium, not a very uncommon mineral in all parts of the world. However, Larimar demands attention by gemologists because of its brilliant volcanic blue coloration.

The discovery of Larimar, also known as the Dolphin or Atlantis stone, is quite phenomenal.The blue coloration that is rarely found in gems, combined with its occurrence only in asmall inaccessible island makes it rarer. Today, Larimar is regarded as a treasure to possess and this is solely attributed to the wonderful brilliance of the stone and its effect on humans.

Wild Horse Jasper
proxy.php

Malachite
proxy.php

Azurite with Malachite
proxy.php

Larimar
proxy.php

Bob

Top Bottom