Better grounds for ruling out Toronto than rule #2. :tongue_sm

1. Roderick
2. doomaise
3. Nick_O
4. Winchester38
5. Snidely
6. dabrock
7. SteveTheCanuck

Welcome aboard dabrock and Steve! I'll try and pull some new pics and updates from the current Passaround to post here.

The latest review from Travispitt.

Today's shave was epic!

I shaved with the gem G bar. And used the TOBS almond shave cream. The shave cream whipped up really nice, was very slick, and smelt nice. It doesn't have a lot of smell once lathered but it's nice not having it overpower you. I got a beautiful shave with the G bar. What kind of single edge blades were in the case? They seemed much sharper then the gem blue Star I have. But maybe my technique has improved since I used them. No cuts no weepers no irritation. One of the only BBS shaves I've ever gotten. I really like this razor! I mean really really like it. It was very easy to shave with no guessing on the angle.

I was wondering what was in the other box? I'm wanting to put some things into the box but I don't want to put things in it that are the other one.

1. Roderick
2. doomaise
3. Nick_O
4. Winchester38
5. Snidely
6. dabrock
7. SteveTheCanuck
8. froogle_jimmy

Welcome aboard Jimmy! Jimmy may need a bump down the list, depending on his move to Saskatchetoon in July/August. I can't imagine a fellow would mind moving up the list , if jimmy needs an extra week or 2 for a solid address!

Last edited:
1. Roderick
2. doomaise
3. Nick_O
4. Winchester38
5. Snidely
6. dabrock
7. SteveTheCanuck
8. froogle_jimmy
9. Purplemonkey

Welcome aboard Purplemonkey! Jimmy may need a bump down the list, depending on his move to Saskatchetoon in July/August. I can't imagine a fellow would mind moving up the list , if jimmy needs an extra week or 2 for a solid address.

You can't have me dabrock. I'm in a committed relationship with another country. I do lust for Banff on occasion, though!

Travispitt's review from yesterday!

Today's shave was okay
I shaved half my face with a new straight I tried to hone and the other with the GEM mmcp. I used the same blade as last time. It still seemed sharp but I got some irritation and not as close as from the g-bar.
The cream/soap I uses was the razorock xxx. I didn't like it too much. Didn't seem as slick as I'd like and my face felt dry afterwards. Maybe I didn't use enough water.
The straight shave went okay. However it wasn't quite sharp enough to shave ATG. So I used my feather AC SS to finish up. That side of my face is a lot closer. And no irritation.

1. Roderick
2. doomaise
3. Nick_O
4. Winchester38
5. Snidely
6. dabrock
7. SteveTheCanuck
8. froogle_jimmy
9. Purplemonkey
10. Nate1976

Welcome aboard Nate! Jimmy may need a bump down the list, depending on his move to Saskatchetoon in July/August. I can't imagine a fellow would mind moving up the list , if jimmy needs an extra week or 2 for a solid address.

trza's latest update!

Here are the current contents of Passaround Box #2...described as best I can.

_____ Blades _____

A bunch of Voskhods
<5 Wilkies
Astra SP - 5 pack
Rapira Stainless - 5 pack
Rapira Swedish Supersteel 5 pack
Persona Red <5
Shark SS <5
Markur Super <5
Super Platinum? <5
Derby Extra Super Stainless 5 pack
Derby Extra Sainless - 10ish
Crystal - 10ish
Dorco St300 <10
Dorco ST-301 10ish
TMC Super Thin - 10ish
Persona Lab - 10ish
Persona Med - 10ish
Flying Eagle Thing - 1
Viking Sword 5ish

_____ Razors _____

Pearl OC - THis one? - Seems pretty nice
Gillette OC - I think it's a LC NEW
Gillette SuperSpeed - 1953

_____ Soaps _____

Sterling Tea Tree
Ogagalla Bay Rum (Didn't make it into Passaround Box #1, so it's moving to #2)
Lemongrass and Eucalyptus Shaving Soap Sample (Brand?)
C&E Sandlewood
Barrister & Mann Bay Rum
Barrister & Mann Unscented
SRD Opus-X
Pyrate Cove Bay Rum
Pyrate Cove Rose
Bay Rum Shaving Soap Sample
Lime Shave Soap
Rose and Cedarwood Shaving Soap Sample
Lemon Verbena Shaving Soap Sample
Pine and Cedarwood Shaving Soap Sample
The Green Fairy Shaving Soap Sample
Lavendin & Eucalyptus Shaving Soap Sample
The Irish Traveler Shaving Soap Sample
Arko Stick
Little chunk of something

_____ Creams _____

Wild Stone Sensual
Dettol Fresh
Vi John Tea Tree
TOBS Avocado
DR Harris Windsor
CO Bigelow (rebadged Proraso Green)
TOBS St James
TOBS Mr Taylor
TOBS Eaton College
Kiss My Face Lime (Smells really yummy!)
Razorock Coconut
Razorock Don Marco (On it's last legs. Great candidate for a refill)
TOBS Jermyn St
Proraso White
Proraso Blue
Proraso Red
Edwin Jagger Sandalwood

There's a DR Harris Arlington sample bottle in here, but there's not enough to shave with. So I'll refill it with something. Probably some Catie's Bubbles, I'm thinking.

Tonight I'll review an OC...I've been saving up a shave since Saturday for that very purpose.

Flying Eagle? Well at least whoever is brave enough to try that one won't have to worry about cutting themselves!:lol:

This is awesome. I might be in, I travel for extended periods of time. I wouldn't want to be travelling when it's my turn to get the box. Is there a rough schedule available or can we hang onto the box for more than one week?

This is awesome. I might be in, I travel for extended periods of time. I wouldn't want to be travelling when it's my turn to get the box. Is there a rough schedule available or can we hang onto the box for more than one week?

That's up to your fellow brethren!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom