What's new

best cooling aftershave?

Nice deal. Always good to hear about a reliable seller. And kudos to them for recognizing "the virtually unknown but brilliant MASTER's ICELANDIC BREEZE". (Well, actually, it's Iceland Breeze, but no matter.) It is indeed brilliant, but many people find it to be an acquired taste that never gets acquired. It's not in Osage Rub's face-freezing league, but the weirdness factor far exceeds that of The Veg, IMO. Great stuff.

The site is full of little errors like that. Seems ok anyway.

I like the sound of that weirdness factor.

i like osage and not just for its novelty. in addition to its amazing cooling properties, it has a pleasing scent and great face-feel. it's one AS that i cannot do without.

If the weirdness factor far exceeds that of the Veg, I am slightly frightened of it.

To quantify it for you, I go through a bottle of The Veg every 6 months or so, while my almost-empty bottle of Iceland Breeze is 3 years old. So I guess that makes IB about 6 times weirder for me. But I plan to get more when this one is used up.

i like osage and not just for its novelty. in addition to its amazing cooling properties, it has a pleasing scent and great face-feel. it's one AS that i cannot do without.

+1. The Rub, The Veg, The Breeze -- they're all indispensable. Not to mention AV Ice Blue.

Last edited:
Alcolada Glacial

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400336069.127617.jpg

So I finally got to try Osage. It's a letdown. I was expecting extreme face freeze that would put Aqua Velva Ice blue to shame. It wasn't moderately cooler than that, but nowhere near as cold as Yeti Snot, which also wasn't as cold as I expected...I must be some kind of menthhead.

I'm done buying cold aftershaves for $4+. I'll just start adding menthol crystals...

I have both Alcolado Glacial and Osage Rub and Osage is definitely the most cooling aftershave by far. It's almost painfully cooling.

Nice deal. Always good to hear about a reliable seller. And kudos to them for recognizing "the virtually unknown but brilliant MASTER's ICELANDIC BREEZE". (Well, actually, it's Iceland Breeze, but no matter.) It is indeed brilliant, but many people find it to be an acquired taste that never gets acquired. It's not in Osage Rub's face-freezing league, but the weirdness factor far exceeds that of The Veg, IMO. Great stuff.
This is one of the few Master's aftershaves I don't have. I first read reviews that it was awful stuff, so I never tried it. Anyone else here have an opinion on the Iceland Breeze? And is there a difference between the green and the blue?

I have both Alcolado Glacial and Osage Rub and Osage is definitely the most cooling aftershave by far. It's almost painfully cooling.

Well if captaincaveman's report that yeti snot puts them both to shame is right, then I'm gonna get me some of that.

OK Cap'n, I looked at the Yeti Snot page. But all I saw was soap. Is there aftershave as well. and I'm just too slow to find it?

No, I was talking about the soap. If I had a Yeti Snot aftershave then I probably wouldn't have bothered to buy Osage.

Disappointing. I really don't like menthol in my soap. In fact, I actively dislike it in the soap. I'd rather save it for the end.

If the Osage isn't enough for you try the additive drops from The Shave Den. They work fine for me.

I was skeptical of the brisk. Used it for the first time today, and actually the first aftershave I've used besides clubman in years. Felt great, smells great. Under $2 at the dollar store, unbelievable product for the price. I'm a fan for sure

Top Bottom