What's new

Frag Acquisitions

The Pino Silvestre doesn't smell like a Christmas tree, thankfully. There is pine, and sort of a birch tar scent. The list of notes includes lavender and oregano, which does give it a sort of damp, herbal/forest floor kind of feel as well. It is fairly strong, but not "too much" and lasts long on me.

It may not get much use when the weather gets hot, but it is fresh enough for these spring days. I think it will do fine in the fall and winter as well.

To me, it comes off as an older, sort of serious scent, which I like. It is difficult to compare it to any of the other "old school" scents, though. Very unique.

I am glad I picked it up. It works for me.

Last edited:
The Pink Silvestre doesn't smell like a Christmas tree, thankfully. There is pine, and sort of a birch tar scent. The list of notes includes lavender and oregano, which does give it a sort of damp, herbal/forest floor kind of feel as well. It is fairly strong, but not "too much" and lasts long on me.

It may not get much use when the weather gets hot, but it is fresh enough for these spring days. I think it will do fine in the fall and winter as well.

To me, it comes off as an older, sort of serious scent, which I like. It is difficult to compare it to any of the other "old school" scents, though. Very unique.

I am glad I picked it up. It works for me.

OK that sounds interesting, I like woodsy scents as well. If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the scent and is it expensive?
thanks,

I found it on the 'bay... They make a small 1.3 oz. bottle, which is what I went in for, and I found several listings in the "drugstore cheapie" price range.

At that price, I was willing to take a chance, and I'm glad I did.

I'll be interested to know what you think!

I got my bottle of Pino yesterday and used it last night and am wearing it today as well. I must say it was not exactly what I was expecting. I put it on and was greeted with the strong aroma of Pine, And at first thought Oh, this is too much. But after just a moment the undertones of light musk of citrus, herbs, and maybe oakmoss come up and fill out the topnotes of Pine. It is a sophisticated and yet simple scent. It seems familiar and yet different. The top note of pine settles down pretty quickly and the midlle notes and lower notes of the cologne take over. The smell doesn't project to the point of filling an area, but it does remain pretty clear for some time in close proximity.

I like the scent it is a mixture of clean, fresh, and rich, with just a hint of mystery. It is definitely not a common scent, nor one that would be confused with a body spray. I would say it's a classic manly scent well worth the price. Maybe not an everyday scent but a twice a week kind of scent.

I got my bottle of Pino yesterday and used it last night and am wearing it today as well. I must say it was not exactly what I was expecting. I put it on and was greeted with the strong aroma of Pine, And at first thought Oh, this is too much. But after just a moment the undertones of light musk of citrus, herbs, and maybe oakmoss come up and fill out the topnotes of Pine. It is a sophisticated and yet simple scent. It seems familiar and yet different. The top note of pine settles down pretty quickly and the midlle notes and lower notes of the cologne take over. The smell doesn't project to the point of filling an area, but it does remain pretty clear for some time in close proximity.

I like the scent it is a mixture of clean, fresh, and rich, with just a hint of mystery. It is definitely not a common scent, nor one that would be confused with a body spray. I would say it's a classic manly scent well worth the price. Maybe not an everyday scent but a twice a week kind of scent.

Glad to hear you like the scent. I can see that you also hit on the way Pino Silvestre comes off as being both classic and unique at the same time. It wasn't an easy cologne to describe!

I happen to have worn it today as well. Enjoy.

Glad to hear you like the scent. I can see that you also hit on the way Pino Silvestre comes off as being both classic and unique at the same time. It wasn't an easy cologne to describe!

I happen to have worn it today as well. Enjoy.

It is indeed hard to describe, and I think someone will either love it or hate it, there won't be many who are neutral on this one. It lasts pretty much all day which is nice. There aren't many scents that last all day for me, I have always had trouble getting all day scents.

hopefully more here will give it a try so that there will be an improved supply here in the USA. It will definitely be a regular for me.

Bought 2 bottles of Creed Royal English Leather off of ebay
paid waaaaaaay too much for the first bottle I found (i was just so excited to see it available)
and paid a fair price for the second

the bottle i overpaid for has me a bit suspicious: the colour of the cologne is brighter/lighter than my previous bottles as well as the other bottle i purchased and the same goes for the colouring of the creed logos on the bottle...but everything else about it including the scent says Royal English Leather so I guess that's alright...

I just bought a bottle of Eau Sauvage by Dior. This scent brings back such a powerful scent memory of my childhood, more specifically my parents bedroom. Either my Dad used this scent or it smells similar to something from Avon which my Mother sold and kept in her bedroom.

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri

Although longevity is lacking, I enjoy the scent profile and quality. However, the SWMBO adores it very much...so new 5 ounce bottle purchased.

Samples arrived from Pekji Perfumes -

http://www.pekji.com/

Going to be trying them out this week to gauge them.

From the initial sniff, about the only one that wasn't impressing me (subject to change) was Cuir 6, the other 4 have the potential to blow my hair straight back.

Time to temporarily hang up my trusty Maurer and Wirtz Tabac Original and get my fragrance for spring and summer. This year I've opted for a fragrance much cheaper than my last Givenchy Gentlemen Only Casual Chic and have on order Joop Nightflight EDT. I'll couple that with Sanex Dermo Sensitive roll-on antiperspirant which has a light fruity fragrance.

I have bought from a fellow wetshaver a bottle of Castle Forbes 1445. I already own a bottle of Special Reserve Vétiver Eau de Parfum, which I find better suited for winter months.

Just received Sung Homme and am wearing it for the first time. It's an aromatic similar in vibe to Azzaro Pour Homme-if you like Azzaro you'll probably like this too and the notes are different. A couple of sprays seems sufficient to last most of the day. I'm still trying to find the soapy accord that many reviewers attribute to this but haven't got there yet. We'll see. Meanwhile, a few more wearings are in order.

today's $3 flea market find: a full 8 oz bottle of St. John's West Indian Lime Cologne - a very nice score, as this is one of my favorites:

$sjb.jpg

willie
on the cheap-shaving Gulf of Mexico

Top Bottom