What's new

Which of your DE razors gives you the best shave?

Best shave since starting this adventure in January was yesterday with my ATT H1 Atlas paired with a Feather blade. Shaved at noon and didn't "need" to shave again this morning. I still did though, but with a new Black Handle SS and a Voskoshod.

full

Gillette NEW Deluxe 15mm head (black chrome) on a UFO Kaiser Short handle

Last edited by a moderator:
ATT Kronos H2 and Fatips with Weber or UFO handles (UFO Kaiser Short left in photo)

full

Last edited by a moderator:
A Gillette NEW LC Ball End it is not too aggressive (but aggressive enough to get the job done). I love the razor's thin handle yet it has solid weight, it performs well with any razor blade I use. The razor that is as equally as good is the Gillette NEW LC Bar Handle. My 1956 Gillette Red Tip also gives me great shaves. In my collection, no other closed comb gives me a smooth BBS shave then my Gillette Red Tip.
$Gillette OCBoth 4.jpg
$Gillette RedTip 56 5.jpg

I have a Lady Gillette and a Nanjie cheapo. The Gillette gives me a great shave; no complaints. The cheap Nanjie is for me a very aggressive razor. If I'm not careful it will tear my face up. But with proper technique it gives an incredibly smooth, close shave. It has made me rethink aggressive razors. Now I'm thinking of looking for a good, inexpensive and aggressive open comb.

Of the one's in regular rotation are:

Cobra Classic
Pils 101NE
Joris OC
Mergress XL
iKon OSS
Merkur Future
Edwin Jagger "Chatsworth" 89 head.

Charles U.K

Drooling over this razor. Beautiful!

by the way, from what razor did you get the NEW Deluxe head? Inquiring minds want to know.

The head is from a red & black deluxe set.

proxy.php

The 15mm Deluxe heads seem to all come from these, the 17mm Deluxe head seems to come in tuckaway and lady jade sets.

Last edited:
I enjoy shaving with my newly acquired Muhle R106. My previous shave of the last 40 years was a late 1970's vintage Gillette Super Speed with a few disposables thrown in for emergencies.

Have not stepped into the overly pricey range as a 2 month noob, but I gotta say the Lord L6 frankened out with a heavier RiMei handle is just the best for my noobishness. Have had success every blade tried with the L6 so far. Also have a Maggard MR4, 66 Tech, Weishi and have a open comb Ambroley on the way. Shaving cheap and loving it! Saving pennies for an ATT Colossus...

Top Bottom