What's new

Do you remove your blade after use?

I disassemble my 3-piece razors / open my TTO razors and take out the blade. Quick wipedown of my razor and a few blows to the blade to remove excess water. I hang the blade on the razor holder.

I would leave it the blade in my razor but they all tend to leave rust stains...

[Q UOTE=k9ted;6165953]No. Wouldn't know where you put it if I did, and I have a wife, kid, and dogs who could ask get injured by a loose blade. Rinse, towel dry, loosen TTO doors, alcohol dunk, then in the stand to air dry.[/QUOTE]
The alcohol dunk is a great idea. I used to do that with my cartridge razors. I think I'll try it with my next blade.
I recently had a Shark blade rust on me. I used it and took it out after the shave and the blade was rusted behind the exposed portion. Lucky for me, no nicks!

I remove the blade each time and dry it without wiping! Having access to the blade and being able to clean it is one the advantages of DE shaving as opposed to cartridge shaving.

I rinse and pat dry the blade after each use and store in an empty Ibuprofen bottle that still has the little moisture absorption pack inside. I also rinse and towel dry my razor after each use.

I went through and counted to this point. For those that remove dry and put the blade back in I counted them as a remover. 31 remove the Blades 29 rinse and leave in there. I personally do'nt remove mine and I probably will not. I have started loosening the top plate and rinsing a little better. Other than that, I don't do anything special. As far as threads wearing out, I don't really think that's a major concern if you don't tighten things overly hard.

I just rinse the entire razor and place it in my stand. Too little time to bother with removing and inserting the blade.

Top Bottom