What's new

Hyperhidrosis

I was wondering if any here also suffers from hyperhidrosis, and if you do what deodorant and body products have you found to work best you? I've tried quite a few over the counter products with nothing working too great. Right now I'm using Certain Dri for my deodorant which is only alright, and I am pretty sure it may have bleached my armpits.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Injections of botullnum toxin is the only thing that works for me. I had some pills before, but they made my mouth so dry I couldn't use them.

Years ago I was prescribed Drysol, and while it worked, there was sometimes a little discomfort in that I could tell that my body needed/wanted to sweat but couldn't. Other than that, it worked fine. Nowadays, I use Speedstick when I am worried about sweating and it seems to be enough. Good luck in your search!

Aside from Drysol, I've heard of a TENS unit that you can use to desensitize nerves and gradually reduce how often you hook the device up.

I was given drysol a few years back too, when I was 17 I think, and it worked about the same as over the counter stuff. The TENS unit seems interesting so I'll look into that.

Injections of botullnum toxin is the only thing that works for me. I had some pills before, but they made my mouth so dry I couldn't use them.

I was thinking of using the botox injections too, but wanted to find an alternative. I'm glad it works for you so I may just do the injections and be set for a few months.

Thanks for the advice

Top Bottom