What's new

Brown Leaf Newbie Check-In & General Chat

Next to my pipe rack (if you can call it that) I currently have a cup of soapy water I'm using for a project. I accidentally knocked my favorite pipe, a MM Ozark, into said cup. I rushed to take it to the sink to rinse the soap away, then poured some Jim Beam through it and used a pipe cleaner with the JB. Anything else I ought to do? The stakes are low, the MM Ozark is $4, so I needn't invest any money or much effort.

To me it sounds like you have done all that is necessary.

I'd concur, let it dry out well and it should be fine. :)

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I try to stick with it as long as I can stand, sometimes a blend turns around halfway through the bowl or I learn to like it or something.
Yep, that's my philosophy. There's also a stubborn streak. I paid for it, and I'm not going to throw my money away. Light it on fire, yes, but not throw it away. So if I can stomach a blend I don't like, I will smoke it until it's gone. If I can't stomach it, I'll mix it with something else until it's smokeable. PIFing is also an option, but this time of year I don't have funds for postage, so I have to shoulder the burden myself instead of dumping it off on some poor sap :wink2:.

I like the idea of drowning a mm in some rum or similar. Maybe cased tobacco isn't the answer, maybe the pipe needs the casing. ;-)

I like the idea of drowning a mm in some rum or similar. Maybe cased tobacco isn't the answer, maybe the pipe needs the casing. ;-)
It looks dry so I'm going to go ahead and smoke it tonight. I guess I'll let you know in a couple hours.

Yep, that's my philosophy. There's also a stubborn streak. I paid for it, and I'm not going to throw my money away. Light it on fire, yes, but not throw it away. So if I can stomach a blend I don't like, I will smoke it until it's gone. If I can't stomach it, I'll mix it with something else until it's smokeable. PIFing is also an option, but this time of year I don't have funds for postage, so I have to shoulder the burden myself instead of dumping it off on some poor sap :wink2:.

If I find it truly objectionable then it will get traded or PIF'd to someone who can appreciate it. If I merely find it not particularly satisfying, I save it for the tobaccopalypse with the idea that I'll use it to stretch something else...

Holy cow. Jim Beam cleaning worked out great. Doesn't taste or smell of Jim Beam at all, but I guess it must have soured before and I didn't realize it. Now it has de-soured and sweetened!

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Brown Flake or Full Virginia Flake? Am putting together an order and need to make the call between them. And no, I can't order both. I have a customs limit and the Solani Silver Flake takes precedence. ;-)

Best Brown Flake or Full Virginia Flake? Am putting together an order and need to make the call between them. And no, I can't order both. I have a customs limit and the Solani Silver Flake takes precedence. ;-)

I personally prefer BBF...

Flip a coin to decide, while its in the air you'll know which outcome you're hoping for and subsequently the tobacco you desire ;)

Where you ordering from?

ThePipeGuys had Penzance for all of two seconds. I literally ran upstairs to get my credit card after receiving the in stock notification, and by the time I filled out the checkout form on my phone... out of stock.

ThePipeGuys had Penzance for all of two seconds. I literally ran upstairs to get my credit card after receiving the in stock notification, and by the time I filled out the checkout form on my phone... out of stock.

I have my credit card # memorized. In this case it was a good thing. But normally its a bad thing because I just keep buying stuff online.

Random question, does anyone cube cut their flakes?

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I have my credit card # memorized. In this case it was a good thing. But normally its a bad thing because I just keep buying stuff online.

I prefer Stonehaven cube cut. For some reason, that tastes the best to me. There aren't any other flakes I prefer to cube cut, though, which is kind of strange when you think about it.

I've yet to order from them, officially. So they didn't have my card on file. :sob:

Top Bottom