What's new

Where can a beginner get a coticule ?

Where can a beginner get a coticule without:

a. Spending too much "learning money" ?
b. Selling off blood and other essential body parts in the process ?

Thanks.

Bst is great. Good to know exactly what the stone does and most of the time they are cared for and lapped. TSS is a fantastic site with a very helpful owner. Those are new stones but he will let you know their properties as well. Id vote for being patient and waiting for one off bst.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
+1. eBay can be a good place as well but sometimes it's hit or miss on what you're getting. What size stone are you looking for?

The other thing is what is the range considered a fair price to pay for a coticule ?

I was in the same boat as you a few days ago. One if the members in here (Scott) helped me decide in a good stone for me. He directed me over to http://www.ardennes-coticule.be/shop/en/ and pretty much picked out a few good stones for me. I ended up with a 125mm x 40mm La Dressante. I have confidence that the members on here will lead you in the right direction. Good luck!

I was in the same boat as you a few days ago. One if the members in here (Scott) helped me decide in a good stone for me. He directed me over to http://www.ardennes-coticule.be/shop/en/ and pretty much picked out a few good stones for me. I ended up with a 125mm x 40mm La Dressante. I have confidence that the members on here will lead you in the right direction. Good luck!

Mind sharing how much did you end up paying for your stone ?

After shipping and the wooden box it was $99 US. A bit pricey for a small stone but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Mind sharing how much did you end up paying for your stone ?

If you want one you have to pay for it...if you have time in your thinking just look around on ebay or other marketplaces and probably you will get a cheap one....

If you do not have time, then pay...on ebay or on ardennes coticule, they have fair prices and a good quality....

+1 Ardennes is the best place, highly recommend. They provide very good customer service and very patient with various questions we throw at them

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I have had good luck with The Superior Shave.
+1 Jarred has excellent customer service. He usually returns my emails within 15 minutes. I recently sent him an email at 9:45 at night (expecting a reply the next day of course) and within 5 minutes he responded. Great to do business with

Another +1 for Jarrod and the Superior Shave. I have bought more than a few stones from him, always good servive, always fast shipping.

Top Bottom