What's new

Blade Identification

Hey everyone. Just hoping you can help with identifying what kind of blades these are.

They don't say much at all. They just say "Gillette" on the blade with a date code of V-3. You can see the "3" on the picture below. The back side is identical w/out the V-3 on it. They say made in UK on the back of the white box.

Any idea if these are from 1950 or from 1975? It must be from one of those two years.

Shaved with them this morning. Had a 3 day growth and 1st pass was a bit tuggy, but the 2nd pass was very nice and smooth in my fat handled tech.

From the font and design of the plastic, I'd say from the 70s.

This package is more consistent with the 50s.

$1955+MINT+Gillette+Flair+Tip+with+Original+Box+and+blades+%u0025252811%2529.JPG

That is assuming that the "V3" is a date code.
I was not aware that date codes were applied to blades, nor that date codes would be consistent across product lines.

That is assuming that the "V3" is a date code.
I was not aware that date codes were applied to blades, nor that date codes would be consistent across product lines.

Date codes as YEAR-QUARTER started with blades, not razors: A-1 in 1930. Prior to that Gillette blades used four-digit codes, and prior to that there were three-digit codes. Before 1950 some razors used serial numbers, but not date codes.

Top Bottom