What's new

Feather Stainless Steel Razor ASD2?

I'm thinking of buying this razor but, I have a couple of questions. What setting would you compare it to on a Gillette Fatboy? I have found that setting 3( with a Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge yellow blade.) gives me a really good shave. Would the feather ASD2 be too mild or just right?

I can only compare to the ASD1, but I think the ASD2 is the same from a geometry perspective. I'd say it's a 1 or 2. The head geometry is different than an FB though, and it requires a more shallow blade angle to get blade contact.

I have a Slim, and I would say the D2 is comparable to a "1" setting as far as blade gap, or perhaps a bit narrower (milder), although in my hands it actually seems to cut better. I suspect the shape of the cap on the D2 contributes to the (to me) closer shave, because it requires a more acute blade angle to actually contact the skin, as previously noted.

Last edited:
Very hard to compare the setting, but if I was to compare it to a Fatboy I would say it is a 2 setting. The Feather AS-D2 provides a great shave once the technique is mastered. I use the Feather stainless blades in the AS-D2 and am able to get a great shave with just two passes. Angle is very important on the AS-D2 to getting a super close shave.

Top Bottom