What's new

VB Finest, WD Silvertip, or FS Brush?

Good morning Gents,
I am looking at purchasing are better quality brush. I currently have a no-name boar from a PIF, Wilkinson Bristle, and a Simply Beautiful Pure badger brush. Thus far I like badger and think I would a finest or silvertip.
I mainly bowl lather. I use soaps and cream, but mainly creams.
My boar and the pure badger do not seem to hold enough lather for a 3 full passes or more. I often have to re whip in the bowl to get more lather. I do occasionally face lather for a soap stick and do use soap pucks (Haslinger, COL Conk, VDH) so I do not want a floppy brush, but I do want soft tips.
I am currently thinking a 22-24mm WD Silvertip when back in stock and having the loft set smaller, or
the Vintage Blades 22mm Finest, or
a FS finest or Silvertip off amazon or the bay.
What do you guys think? Suggestions?...currently leaning towards the VB Finest due to reviews and nice hefty handle.
Thank you in advance.

How about synthetic? The muhle hjm can be had for @ $25 from conaught shaving, and can do what you ask with aplomb. Incredibly soft, definitely not floppy, and I've had great success with both bowl and face lathering. Not to mention the perks of not having to soak and extremely short drying time.

+1 for the WD Silvertip. Mine is 22mmx48mm and works with everything like a champ!

Larry is also great to deal with.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I am currently leaning towards the two-band finest brushes. Does anybody have both a FS and a VB finest that could discuss the difference in the two (feel vs backbone etc)?

Cant go wrong with that brush! Good luck to you sir, please let us know what you think when it gets there!

The VB Finest is an incredibly good brush.

I have one and love it.

I also have a couple of Whipped Dogs and they are great also.

Brush came in today! Pics and story to follow later. Currently de-funking.
First impression: tips- Scritchy when dry, very soft when yet
backbone: soft tips and good splay, but very springy backbone will be good for hard soaps
smell: little to no badger funk even when wet
handle: Nice ivory color, very smooth and sturdy turned handle in a classic design
water absorption- far exceeds my no-name boar and pure badger, this thing soaks up the water
Customer Service at VB: Top notch! Brush came with a hand written letter thanking me, as well as 2 samples of their brand shave cream (sandalwood and herb citrus).
i am very satisfied!

i would go with the whipped dog or vintage blades brush....both vendors have impeccable customer service...

Here's the pics. I did a lather with TBS Maca root. This brush holds a lot of water and a lot of lather. Easily holds enough lather for four + passes with out going back to the bowl.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 59
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 58
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 58
Top Bottom