What's new

Sailor.WOW!

Just picked up my first higher end fountain pen. A Sailer Pro-Gear II Slim. All I have to say is WOW! Completely blows away all my other fountain pens. It should too. It cost enough :001_tongu

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Congrats! I sure like my 1911 models ... I think I've got three poor man's Montblancs. :tongue_sm

Congratulations! Right now I have a Sailor 1911 here on my desk ... filled with Akkerman Koningsblauw (King's day is also approaching here).

Last edited:

strop

Now half as wise
My 1911M has ben in my pocket for the last 3 weeks. Just can't seem to shake it out of rotation.

Congratulations on the new pen! Any pics? :biggrin1:

No, but it's black with the rhodium trim. I'm getting more into pens and I want to start a more serious collection. Pens are the only hobby that my late father and I shared. He couldn't write with a fountain pen though where can't stand anything that isn't.

Anyways, I just ordered an Aston 10 pen leather case from Goulet Pens and I'm looking to fill it up. I don't want to go past the 10 pen capacity of the new case. I want a small, but good collection.

So, what are considered the must have pens?

Anyways, I just ordered an Aston 10 pen leather case from Goulet Pens and I'm looking to fill it up. I don't want to go past the 10 pen capacity of the new case.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you don't want to go past 10 pens, run away now, and don't come here no more!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Congrats! I sure like my 1911 models ... I think I've got three poor man's Montblancs. :tongue_sm

Ha! That's one way to say it. But as an owner of a few MBs, I'd have to give Sailor the nod as the higher quality pen.

Regardless of personal opinion on that point, I'd give Sailor the definite edge in terms of those Nagahara specialty nibs ... I doubt that MB (or anyone else for that matter) offers anything remotely similar.

Congrats!

Based on reviews here, I bought my first Sailor just last month: a Pro Gear with a Naginata Togi nib...wow! I've been writing with fountain pens for more than thirty years, and this has easily become my favorite pen of all time.

Enjoy it!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
... a Pro Gear with a Naginata Togi nib...wow!

proxy.php

I was perfectly content with my Lamy Al-Stars until I got this pen. Now I don't know what to do. I really don't want such an expensive pen at work, but when I pick up the Lamy at work I think, "Uhhh!"

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I was perfectly content with my Lamy Al-Stars until I got this pen. Now I don't know what to do. I really don't want such an expensive pen at work, but when I pick up the Lamy at work I think, "Uhhh!"

I guess it depends on what sort of work environment you have and how good you are at the pocket-hand-pocket-hand-pocket-hand-pocket thing.

No arguments here. I love Sailor pens. I haven't tried any of the special grind nibs, but it's hard to find anything wrong with these pens.

Top Bottom