What's new

Deodorant .which one and why

I've been using potassium alum of some sort for the better part of a year now. SWMBO is also solely using Crystal now as well. I apply it liberally immediately out of the shower and it works better than any other deo I've ever used.

I make my own (shocking, I know!) using baking soda. I find it lasts me the whole day so I am pretty happy with that.

Just made the switch to Arm & hammer natural deodorant from Mitchell's antiperspirants. Holding up well. UNFORTUNATELY my wife says it smells like......her brother. Next stop, deodorant asile.

Dove Cool Silver. The only deodorant that lasts me a 12 hour shift and then some. Plus no more stains from antiperspirants and it smells great.

big fan of the crystal rock deordorant

I've been using that for the last 2 years, but now they have changed the ingredient list, and I'm having troubles with the new formula. Makes me itch on my armpits. They have added baking soda and zinc gluconate. One of these 2 chemicals, are causing the issue. I think I'm going to make my own deodorant with coconut oil.

just got pedal pusher enzyme sandalwood deodorant stick. I am liking it very much. Previously used the Rock crystal which also worked well. just wanted a change and like the fragrance too

I have been using Petal Pusher Fancies organic live enzyme deodorant since April and I couldn't be happier. I run quite a bit and most deodorant just cant keep me smelling fresh. This stuff is by far the best deodorant I have ever used. My wife even uses it. She loves Gorey's Neroli.View attachment 461687

I have to +1 this. I just came across this in May and so i started using it at the begining of summer. It's not an antipersperant but thats fine with me because where i'm from NOTHING has ever stopped me from sweeting in the summer! As a deoderant tho it has worked great for me and the reason I started using it is for the natural ingrediants. Best natural ingrediant deoderant of many I have tried so far. I would add that it may even be a tad heavy on the scent. I tried the Sandlewood scent because I love the way Proraso red smells and is my go to shave cream. I more than likely over applied the first couple times do to underprefomance of other natural ingrediant deoderants and it was like putting on to much cologne. I dailed it back a bit and it has no problem lasting all day. I would also add that 110 degree days from mid June through August is normal weather in my neck of the woods so it's not like this isn't beeing put to the test.

I have to +1 this. I just came across this in May and so i started using it at the begining of summer. It's not an antipersperant but thats fine with me because where i'm from NOTHING has ever stopped me from sweeting in the summer! As a deoderant tho it has worked great for me and the reason I started using it is for the natural ingrediants. Best natural ingrediant deoderant of many I have tried so far. I would add that it may even be a tad heavy on the scent. I tried the Sandlewood scent because I love the way Proraso red smells and is my go to shave cream. I more than likely over applied the first couple times do to underprefomance of other natural ingrediant deoderants and it was like putting on to much cologne. I dailed it back a bit and it has no problem lasting all day. I would also add that 110 degree days from mid June through August is normal weather in my neck of the woods so it's not like this isn't beeing put to the test.

The scents are indeed very strong. Still my favorite deodorants though.

I usually use an Old Spice deodorant. I can't' stand antiperspirants...I think plugging up your pores is unnatural.

Would standard alum work? I don't mind sweating...just don't want to stink..

I've been using that for the last 2 years, but now they have changed the ingredient list, and I'm having troubles with the new formula. Makes me itch on my armpits. They have added baking soda and zinc gluconate. One of these 2 chemicals, are causing the issue. I think I'm going to make my own deodorant with coconut oil.
I know there are more than one Crystal Rock brand but this one has only one ingredient:
http://www.rockdeodorant.com/products/#stick-unscented

I usually use a very weakly scented anti-antiperspirant, and either old spice or a cologne called "Cold" by benetton, fairly cheap, nice smell (smells better after 10 minutes of wearing)

If you get armpit stains on your shirt you need to let the deodorant/antiperspirant dry before you get dressed. The yellowing on a shirt is from the deodorant and not your sweat. I started letting it dry (apply before shaving) and all stain issues are gone.

Well I've been using the Petal pusher Gorey's Neroli for the last 2 days and it works pretty well. The scent is ok but I do want to try others though. The only thing I'm not use too is it not being a antiperspirant and sweating a lot since I'm in Louisiana it's quite humid here. I apply it after I shave so it should be dried by then and hopefully it won't stain my shirt's.

The RR deodorant spray I think works alittle better but I'll have to use it more to get a full assessment. The only down fall is it drips down after you apply it but I try to close my armpits tight so that want happen.

Top Bottom