What's new

Holy crap Ali's blade video!

Its a very hypnotizing video, I watched it again and now I want to change careers and be a razor maker! hahaha ;)

Outstanding video of a great craftsman. It looks so effortless on his part; and that is how most artist look when working. Thx much for the post.

Yes, I was going to say that as well. but refrained.

He may as well use that accursed lapping film if he's going to simply finish off on diamond spray anyhow.

To be fair I haven't shaved with one of his edges... It may be the greatest thing ever

I'm sure it's well honed. Of that I have little doubt. But after a few laps on diamond spray it surely no longer retains any of the characteristics of the natural hones that proceeded it.

Great vid.

The one Ali's I have (full hollow) came with a good edge. It was very shave ready. I wouldn't call it harsh but it was more in that direction that what I was used to from the variety of jnat edges I have tried.. I guess the diamond spray explains that.

I have never honed anything in my life. So i have a question(silly, maybe?!).
Doesn't the blade get hot? I observed that he uses his bare hands through out the video!
I have filed metal in a workshop before and boy does it get hot!!

I have never honed anything in my life. So i have a question(silly, maybe?!).
Doesn't the blade get hot? I observed that he uses his bare hands through out the video!
I have filed metal in a workshop before and boy does it get hot!!

Yes it does but the length of belt helps prevent that and the compound used in the belt... Plus I'm sure he's doing frequent cooling

Top Bottom