What's new

La toja vs Palmolive Shave Sticks

I am sure this has been addressed before, but I'm curious what is everyone's pick between these two. I like the price and reviews of Palmolive but I like the plastic container of La Toja. As far as shaves go, what's the best?

Now that's a toughie... I think I prefer the scent from La Toja, but the performance of Palmolive is slick, protective & great to your skin. Hmmmm

Palmolive just gets my vote.

I tried palmolive a few years back when the "good kind" started being available over here. Found it to be not quite as good as arko, and La Toja is significantly better than arko. I'd be curious to try it again to see if time has changed my opinion of it, but not curious enough to go to the trouble of getting some.

Maybe I got a bad stick but I didn't find La Toja to be all that great. Not bad by any means but middle of the road. I would much rather use Palmolive.

If you step up in price the Valobra and DRH sticks are stellar as well.

Any way to make the Palmolive stick a little more travel friendly? Ie case?

Sure is

$sscan.jpg

They work like a charm!
-s

I often have trouble deciding between the two myself.

The scent of La toja is more appealing to me where the moisture factore of Palmolive is a little better. Maybe La Toja by a whisker hair.

Nice! Where did you get those at?

They don't show up around here (b/s/t) to often, but you can find them on the bay - they are called shave stick tubes/containers/tins/dinguses and people ask anywhere from $3 to $250* for them. I try to stay under $10 myself.

*(saw it with my own eyes)

-s

Last edited:
I own both and use Palmolive a lot more. I like La Toja but it is a much harder soap. I feel it performs better for me if I have a bit more stubble to catch on. Again, try them both and see what suits you. You'll enjoy both.

I like that La Toja has the plastic thingy so that's what goes in my Dopp kit for travel. Both shave a treat. Palmolive has better post shave face feel but not by much. Both hang with soaps costing many many times their price. I don't have a favorite so I have both. Every business trip I go on I get out La Toja, Palmolive and Speick to decide. La Toja always ends up the pick just due to the plastic case thing.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Actually my two favourite shave sticks. Both produce an amazing lather and deliver a super comfortable shave. If I had to choose between Palmolive and La Toja I'm probably going to flip a coin...

Top Bottom