What's new

Aviator frames

Aviator styles have a loyal following and seem to be growing in popularity. They seem to be everywhere I look. The "traditional" aviator has a tear drop shape that extends well down the cheek of most wearers. The don't look great on everyone, myself included, but if you like the overall look, there are many new shapes, sizes, colors, vendors and price points to choose from. I have a pair of Ray Bans in large but with a blunt bottom edge and they are terrific, although not as effective as some of my other non-aviator styles at shielding the eyes from multi-directional light. For this I have a pair of Bolle's that look like something stolen from Bono's (U2 singer, not Sonny) closet. I don't wear them much but for long distance drives and days on the water where eye fatigue is a major issue, they are the best.

I finally received my sunglasses from a local optical. I did get the green, polarized lenses, with gunmetal frames. I like them, just wish we had the sun to use them more. The lighting is bad, so you can't see the green lenses.
$IMG_20140408_140305.jpg

Used to be a big fan.
Moved on to wraps when I started riding.
Now that I need prescription, I wear "Geekwear" in a Clubmaster style.

$Calabash2.jpg
$newglasses.jpg
$1stsmoke.jpg

That's ironic. I hope that the value of the glasses left behind exceeded the value of the items stolen.

I wear Ray-bans medium aviators. I used to wear a pair of black frame black lenses until I lost them camping, then a few months later someone broke into my truck, and while stealing various things dropped a somewhat beat up pair of black frame green lenses, which I now wear. I like the green lenses more than the black.

That's ironic. I hope that the value of the glasses left behind exceeded the value of the items stolen.

Unfortunately they did not. They made off with my CB radio, an Ipod (which was in the glovebox), and a variety of tools from behind the seat. Also they wrecked my rear window.

Top Bottom