What's new

I need help

I was just helping my wife by putting some towels away in the bathroom, and what did I do...spent like 5 minutes going through my soaps and creams smelling them for no reason but the pure enjoyment of the scent. :blink:

I shave every other day to give my face a break, but maybe I'll "shave" on my off days without a blade just for the aroma and relaxing experience :lol:

Man you've got it pretty bad :biggrin1: .... I've been guilty of getting a new soap or cream, not needing a shave at the moment, but end up whipping up a lather with the new product. You know...just for practice.

I was just helping my wife by putting some towels away in the bathroom, and what did I do...spent like 5 minutes going through my soaps and creams smelling them for no reason but the pure enjoyment of the scent. :blink:

I shave every other day to give my face a break, but maybe I'll "shave" on my off days without a blade just for the aroma and relaxing experience :lol:

It's ok. I do this at least once a day. I convince myself its normal behavior because I'm picking out my software for tomorrows shave. SWMBO doesn't buy it though :blush:

Last edited:
Man you've got it pretty bad :biggrin1: .... I've been guilty of getting a new soap or cream, not needing a shave at the moment, but end up whipping up a lather with the new product. You know...just for practice.

I made a practice lather in a bowl once.... then I lathered my face with it.... then I washed it off. :blushing:

Okay, while we are all telling the truth... I enter the Shave Den at different times of the day and mix up a lather of a new soap or cream... It might smell different once it is whipped up and out of the container... You never know... And sometimes you have to match your Shaving Cream to your After Shave and you can't do that without some study time... It's a normal behavior for those who suffer from RAD... Totally normal...

Last edited:
I like to just practice with a new soap. Then I like to make sure my face doesn't react to it...Thats my reasoning. Makes me feel better if I tell myself that

I am guilty of spending time in my bathroom smelling creams and soaps but have never whipped up a lather just for fun.

I've gone in the den and "practiced" lathering. Then "practiced" applying to my face. Then I end end up just shaving, I figure if I get that far may as well finish it up. Haha

Ok I was going to say that you are perfectly fine and normal but no I'm sorry…. after reading that last line, you've totally lost it my friend!!! :lol:

Click here for my true thoughts:
ummm, that's actually not a bad idea…. maybe I should try it too sometime. :laugh: :lol: :thumbup:

I've caught myself doing the same thing a few times. Or even admiring my Merkur 23c. I know there is nothing special about the Merkur but I love it!

Top Bottom