What's new

I really need a new wallet.

What about this? (no coins either...). Excellent leather.

http://www.laportegna.com/collections/purses-wallets/products/mens-leather-wallet-sol#.UxByseN5PTc

proxy.php

Tumi makes one. One is made out of ballistic nylon. They have others that are made out of leather. I have the L Fold model and it has been the best wallet I have ever owned. I carry a lot of credit cards and other items and needed one that is not bulky but is durable.

As the title says: I need a new wallet and I am hoping you guys can help me.

What is in my wallet:
Paper money
Coins (yes in europe we still use a lot of them)
Quite a lot of Plastic cards (8+)

What am I looking for:
Something leather like
Or something really practical (mostly made by outdoorbrands like The north face)

Thanks

Dries

I got myself one of of ebay from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/corium-leather Granted there is no posh brands on them but the quality seems really good (mine is now about 8 months old and looks fine still despite the fact that i tend to abuse wallets a bit.

Based in poland so the wallets should take € notes without any problems.

For the kind of money that most of the suggested wallets sell for they should come with their own income. I use a zippered coin carrier along with my wallet.

Take a look at Ettinger wallets. All leather, many color choices last forever. Pricey, yes. Functional, yes. But looking is free and fun! Happy hunting.

Nothing here costs less than a paper dollar. :biggrin1:

Seriously, credit or debit cards are mostly used.

Change is used, but every effort is made to keep it to a minimum.

Things are quickly heading in the same direction here in sweden aswell. About 70 percent of customers use cards, more and more bank offices have stopped handling cash totally.

And the worst part about it is the young people who often get in debt early in their adult life since they get no sence of moneys worth when money is just numbers on the pin terminal.

Interesting how USD banknotes/coinage denominations have not changed in a very long time, even though inflation has compressed their value. In England, I believe the smallest "paper" bill is 5 Pound Sterling, which is approaching 10 USD. If US mint replaced our $5 and $1 bills with coins, I think a lot of us who use cash for small purchases would return to carrying one of those small coin purses. As it stands, I think many men who use cash just dump their loose change at the end of the day, so it does not return to their pocket the next day.

Interesting how USD banknotes/coinage denominations have not changed in a very long time, even though inflation has compressed their value. In England, I believe the smallest "paper" bill is 5 Pound Sterling, which is approaching 10 USD. If US mint replaced our $5 and $1 bills with coins, I think a lot of us who use cash for small purchases would return to carrying one of those small coin purses. As it stands, I think many men who use cash just dump their loose change at the end of the day, so it does not return to their pocket the next day.

That's what I do. Or it gets tossed in the console of my truck.

I fly enough, carrying change is counterproductive. Into the coin jar. :001_tt2: Or the top pouch of my ditty bag.

I bought a Gustin leather card holder. One side for at home, my money...the other side for on the road, company credit card, Trusted Traveler, Admiral's Club. I rarely carry cash, but for tips...I just bought a money clip. Sounds confusing, maybe :confused1, but works for me. Looking forward to the day when everything is credit card or direct blood transfusion. :001_tt2:

mswofford

Rest in Peace
In my town most cash registers have a "take a penny, leave a penny" bowl next to them; I don't know how widespread this practice is. I have a battery operated coin bank that counts and shows total; that's where my change goes but NEVER pennies.

Top Bottom