What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I bought 15 7 O'clock Blacks for 60 cents. Shipping was $4.99, but I didn't realize that till I'd already ordered it. Oh well, should have ordered some Feathers too!

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Gillette Guard and cartridges from West Coast Shaving for my son to replace his Fusion and expensive Fusion cartridges.

Just ordered a tub of arko, a Gillette sensor because it was cheap and I kinda missed a cartridge (gasp!) for those days when I have no time and my first 100 blade purchase! Personna blues!

Well I have just returned from the city (Norwich, UK) after doing some birthday shopping for lovely lady's birthday. Whilst there we did a run of the local antique shops where we purchased a couple of bits. My girlfriend has decided she want to have a go at razor restoration so we picked up 5 straights and also a complete and original DE shaving kit.

$20140913_141140.jpg$20140913_141128.jpg

Magnasonic MGUC500 Ultrasonic Cleaner for bathing my razors to keep them sparkling clean (delivery scheduled for today!!!)

Last edited:
Got a bid on a Slim, but I expect some fanatic to swoop in at the final moment and snag it. That appears to be the pattern...

Me too got home to find a parcel with 2x Arko 1x Tabac Shavesticks and 5 twist up containers. I have to say I prefer the smell of the Arko to the Tabac. I will do a blind smell test as soon as the good lady gets home.

Whew! I won the bid on the excellent Gillette Slim. Wasn't expecting to. As it was my 1st eBay purchase, I got a discount and a coupon code that brought the price down to $43 and change.

Decided to get some of my Christmas shopping completed today too. My father and stepfather are getting a Parker 99R and RazoRock TTO respectively, which I've already bought. To complete their kits, today I bought from Amazon:

2 tubs Arko shaving soap
3 Perfecto boar brushes (1 for me!)
100 Astra premium platinums

They will get them in wrapped cigar boxes.

I also picked up a cake of Williams soap and what apparently was Amazon's last cake of Shaving Factory Soap.

I think I'll take a break from buying shaving stuff for awhile...

Top Bottom