What's new

KITCHEN KNIFE BUY lV****CLOSED****

Loving the edge retention of the AO Super! I haven't stropped, rodded or touch the knife to anything but a plastic board and produce! I don't use it everyday- some days a beater is just needed- but I have used them a lot and we are super busy at work!

:thumbup1: @ John
How about the rest of you, how's your knives serving you?

I LOVE the knife. Looks good, feels good and most importantly performs like a Ferrari in the kitchen. Although I still use my other knives frequently, when I switch to the new knife it's just a totally different feeling of control. I had no idea that a decent sized knife could feel so nimble.

Dave I'm sure knows each and every knife and owner, but for the rest of you, this one is mine. Arizona Ironwood handle (different grain on each side, which is totally cool looking), mosaic handle pins and the thinning, etching package...

Attachments

• $knife1_small.jpg
    $knife1_small.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 121
Hello Dave! I really love my knife and show it off whenever company is at the house. Plenty of compliments from everybody!

But the real beauty is when I use it! Scary sharp and makes quick work of anything I touch it to. (Including my finger...) You never told me I would cut myself with this thing... Or put my eye out...

Love the knife and am really glad that I got in on this group buy!

Thanks for everything and I hope all is well with you and all of the group buy participants!

Hello Dave! I really love my knife and show it off whenever company is at the house. Plenty of compliments from everybody!

But the real beauty is when I use it! Scary sharp and makes quick work of anything I touch it to. (Including my finger...) You never told me I would cut myself with this thing... Or put my eye out...

Love the knife and am really glad that I got in on this group buy!

Thanks for everything and I hope all is well with you and all of the group buy participants!

This is great to hear...well except for the finger part ! :001_smile

How are everyone's' purchases faring? Mine is kicking along great! Still loving the petty and gyuto. Always a show piece and catches many an eye from visiting chefs to purveyors. I haven't had to sharpen them all that often considering the amount of use they get.

Handles are still looking great after being washed a million times in soap and quat-sanitizer!

Hello John! I am loving my knife!!! I am not a chef but I love to cook at home. My group buy knife is not just a great knife, but a thing of beauty as well! I bought it for several reasons with the main reason being sentimental. It has never failed to make me feel better just by looking at it and remembering the great times I've had with a house full of family gathered in the kitchen and around our table.

I wish I could leave the knife out so it would be visible at all times but I don't want any mistakes to happen. I still need to pick up a larger sized end grain cutting board so I can use it even more. Perhaps Santa will be good to me...

My only regret with my my group buy participation is that I should have bought the Santoku also so I could have a matched set of these beauties!

Thanks for waking this thread up! This was sure a fun group buy to participate in and watch the different knives materialize! I consider myself lucky to have been one of the participants! Hope all is well with everyone.

I've been contemplating a 210 to go with my 150 and 240. Just haven't justified it yet. I want some more butcher knives first...

Like a lambsplitter a yanagi-back and a bunch of others...

Top Bottom