What's new

Brown Leaf Discussion for February - What is your ideal have a smoke situation

So, last month was about what you enjoyed most about the leaf... so, natural extension is I guess when and where is your most enjoyable times to indulge in a smoke/pinch/etc..

I'll jump in, as stated in last month's thread ;-) on the verandah after a surf. It's beyond perfect. Head still swimming in the magic of the waves, taste buds devouring the amazing latakia blends. My little slice of heaven.

So, now that I have a few more minutes... lol

I'd say my total favorite time to load up a pipe and sip away is while sitting around the campfire with friends and some sort of tasty beverage, usually coffee... or hanging out in the skychair while camping, just watching the world go by around us.

That being said, I also highly enjoy my morning routine of having a small bowl on the drive into work, since it really feels like it helps me clear my mind and set it in the right frame to face the work day.

Once the reasonable weather gets here, I may bring a small pipe in and have a few sips while on lunch break outside. I miss the social aspect of hanging with that group out there back when I went on cig breaks, and I have a Tom Thumb pipe, which is super tiny and good for a 10-15 minute smoke.

I love a nice hot cup of coffee on a brisk clear morning. To complete it, a nice full bowl of EMP or Chelsea Morning to relax and watch the day begin. The sun warming the Earth, the birds singing, and people rousing from their drowsy slumber.

Of course I still enjoy my morning commute pipe, but nothing beats a clear crisp morning smoke.

Yay! Someone made a thread! :thumbup:

Mine would be around the firepit on the back patio. 70 degree night, a few friends around. Puffing away on a pipe and sipping on some rye.

My favorite pipes are on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings. I don't sleep in like I used to, so I'm normally up before 7am on the weekend. My fiancée will usually sleep for a couple more hours, so I get up, crack a window, fill a bowl, and enjoy a pipe while watching the morning news.

As for a pinch, which seems to be my more frequent form of tobacco consumption lately, nothing beats a prilla of loose snus when I first get to work in the morning. Especially if I get in early and am the only one in the office.

Yay! Someone made a thread! :thumbup:

Mine would be around the firepit on the back patio. 70 degree night, a few friends around. Puffing away on a pipe and sipping on some rye.

Yeah, firepits are hard to beat too. The smell of the wood burning, the hypnotic dance of the flames. Yeah. I love me some firepit.

Evenings in early Fall, sitting by the chiminea with a coupla pipes and a beverage or two.. Looking forward to similar evenings this Spring.

Yeah, firepits are hard to beat too. The smell of the wood burning, the hypnotic dance of the flames. Yeah. I love me some firepit.

proxy.php
Smoking around a fire pit is so relaxing and zen. I'd have to say that's ideal. Though I haven't had a fire since taking up smoking as a hobby, I have been known to light up a cigar around the fire even before I knew what a good cigar is.

I'll add that, although it's not ideal, it's very satisfying to light up the pipe when I'm annoyed and cold and amped up from snow removal. It is like a commitment to relaxing for a decent amount of time in which I know I am unlikely to make myself go back out in the cold and do more.

proxy.php
Smoking around a fire pit is so relaxing and zen. I'd have to say that's ideal. Though I haven't had a fire since taking up smoking as a hobby, I have been known to light up a cigar around the fire even before I knew what a good cigar is.

I'll add that, although it's not ideal, it's very satisfying to light up the pipe when I'm annoyed and cold and amped up from snow removal. It is like a commitment to relaxing for a decent amount of time in which I know I am unlikely to make myself go back out in the cold and do more.

I'm with you on the post shoveling hot coffee and a pipe. Like a little reward for the cold hard work while I thaw back out.

I'm noticing a lot of firepit/campfire/chiminea times with beverage of choice and a smoke amongst many of us. Excellent!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hands down sitting around a campfire. Or just a casual firepit in a friends backyard.

Cold brew in one hand, cigar in the other, surrounded by friends, enjoying the conversation and fire.

I am down for a nice cigar and adult beverage almost anytime ... but my 2 favorites times/places are on my back porch, after dinner, or at my favorite club on an early day out from work!

Pipe or cigar is usually for rare occasions when out with friends. For my more common pinch of snuff I tend to enjoy it right before reading or sitting back and relaxing.

After a great meal at my favorite Scottish Restaurant, The Brae Loch. Sitting in the smoking room, next to the fire, in a plush chair sipping a single malt scotch neat. Partagas #10 Churchill Maduro, of course.

$5e935ae2dbff5462a1359abe8139f5ac.jpg

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hmmm...most enjoyable cigar experience?
proxy.php

OK...when I was 'down range' or 'deplored' with my 'Band of Brothers' after a successful completion
proxy.php
of a mission or just

enjoying R & R! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"You will never know the true nature of your nationality, until your Nation calls you to Serve". CBJ

Last edited:
Top Bottom